joxey
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sorry..I missed this earlier.

No..The humidity doesn;t bother my lungs. As someone(rare) who has never smoked a cig, or weed or anything..not even once.....my lungs have never bothered me. The humidity does affect my stamina though. I am a heavy perspierer.and as a test a few week ago..I weighed myself before and after a 14 mile training run on a humid morning and I lost 8 lbs. That does have an effect . ..So I take salt tablets and carry fluids with me. 

Tree House?

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

LOL...Speaking of them I had 4 this afternoon before and after my visit there. Fridge is stocked and awaiting you and your partner in crimes response on how to proceed 

Bissell just announced a distribution locally, so it may be (slightly) easier to get a hold of some of that for you.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

In addition to the body just working harder on staying cool instead of efficient breathing, there is just more crap in the air. In a volume of air you're replacing oxygen with ozone, water vapor, etc. 

Thanks. That's what I figured. Feels like Key West around here.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sorry..I missed this earlier.

No..The humidity doesn;t bother my lungs. As someone(rare) who has never smoked a cig, or weed or anything..not even once.....my lungs have never bothered me. The humidity does affect my stamina though. I am a heavy perspierer.and as a test a few week ago..I weighed myself before and after a 14 mile training run on a humid morning and I lost 8 lbs. That does have an effect . ..So I take salt tablets and carry fluids with me. 

Thanks, just was curious if other runners have similar issues. My stamina goes to the dogs when it's like this. I'm also a heavy perspirer and once lost 10 lbs in a 50k, despite drinking an ungodly amount of fluid. No bueno.

4 hours ago, SR Airglow said:

Suggestions on where to watch the Perseids tomorrow night? Willing to head anywhere within ~90 minutes of Boston and will have a car. Bonus points if you can camp there(officially or stealth camping)!

Check out www.darksitefinder.com and look for the darkest site around.  Within 90 minutes of Boston check out Rockport (no legal camping, you might be able to pull off stealth camping in Dogtown) or Myles Standish State Forest in Carver near Plymouth.  There is camping at Myles but you should check on making a reservation.

For a truly dark sky you need to go further than 90 minutes, either the outer cape or northwestern Mass/southern Vermont, but with the humidity forecast for tomorrow it may be too hazy to get a good night sky view.

3 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm tapped out on Bissell right now, but they had only been releasing two beers a day at the new brewery. Now they'll have some in stores in addition to the brewery supply.

Banded Horn out of Biddeford rocks if you haven't tried it.  It rivals some of NE best double IPA's. 

It's humorous listening to people's beer "scores".  Working for a brewery gives me an inside line on stuff that will never see the shelves in most stores.  

My travel cooler for vacation had Aeronaut's Dr Nando, Night Shift Santilli and The 87, Banded Horn Daikiju, Jack's Abbey Beer Geek Helles, Building 8's The IPA and Lost Nation Mosaic.  :  ) 

10 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Banded Horn out of Biddeford rocks if you haven't tried it.  It rivals some of NE best double IPA's. 

It's humorous listening to people's beer "scores".  Working for a brewery gives me an inside line on stuff that will never see the shelves in most stores.  

My travel cooler for vacation had Aeronaut's Dr Nando, Night Shift Santilli and The 87, Banded Horn Daikiju, Jack's Abbey Beer Geek Helles, Building 8's The IPA and Lost Nation Mosaic.  :  ) 

I was pretty apathetic about beer until fairly recently. If it was domestic, light, and cold I could drink it. I'm definitely geeking out a bit on the craft brews now.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

All I drunk now are the craft beers. I used to think Heady was the be all end all. Now it's merely ok and I'd pass it up. Treehouse, Trullium, Bissell Bros. are the three best I've had. Trips to Treehouse happen weekly now. Don't even go to package stores anymore. 

Where is Bissell Bros.?

I really like the craft beer. With dinner or just to enjoy after work or on a lazy weekend day. That said, if it's an all day drinking affair (boat, concert, party, etc.) I'll stick with bud light. 

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Where is Bissell Bros.?

I really like the craft beer. With dinner or just to enjoy after work or on a lazy weekend day. That said, if it's an all day drinking affair (boat, concert, party, etc.) I'll stick with bud light. 

BB is in Maine.. I've met some folks on my trips to TH, that travel all over New England. So I work out trades with them. It gives the opportunity to get stuff from far away that you can't get unless you are up there.

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BB is in Maine.. I've met some folks on my trips to TH, that travel all over New England. So I work out trades with them. It gives the opportunity to get stuff from far away that you can't get unless you are up there.

I can walk to BB from work. We're located in same industrial park as others, including allagash, Foundation, Gearys.

12 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Where is Bissell Bros.?

In Portland, new brewery just off 295 in sight of the PWM ASOS at the Jetport.

They are doing great work right now. Swish is a legit top beer.

As for day drinking, Bissell makes a super session called Diavoletto (translation: Little Devil) that is like 3 to 3.5%. I believe the can even describes it as "crushable"

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

In Portland, new brewery just off 295 in sight of the PWM ASOS at the Jetport.

They are doing great work right now. Swish is a legit top beer.

As for day drinking, Bissell makes a super session called Diavoletto (translation: Little Devil) that is like 3 to 3.5%. I believe the can even describes it as "crushable"

Treehouse makes one called Eureka which is 4.1%.. And a fantastic pale ale called Lights On which is 5.8% . Can crush for days. Days and days 

Trilliium offers Little Rooster which is 5.6%. It pours cloudy and dank and is ridiculously good

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Treehouse makes one called Eureka which is 4.1%.. And a fantastic pale ale called Lights On which is 5.8% . Can crush for days. Days and days 

Gimme the Eureka with citra hops. Those are my favorite. 

Though I hear from people in the business that citra is often why there are limited releases of certain beers, because it's so hard to get in large quantities.

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Gimme the Eureka with citra hops. Those are my favorite. 

Though I hear from people in the business that citra is often why there are limited releases of certain beers, because it's so hard to get in large quantities.

It is crushable. They put a Eureka with Galaxy hops out last week which was good 

Archived