Newest Member
    Toothache
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

57/46 at 11am...wow this is the first air mass that seems more of a fall flavor. We won't get out of the mid-60s for highs.

This is the time I usually have my first thoughts of fall.  We had our member/guest tournament this past weekend and today the greens will get aerified.  It starts to get a little harder to run over and get 9 holes in after work and next week my son goes back to school.  This mini shot is a nice reminder.

27 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Glad we don't live there. 

Down to 39F on the Rockpile.

Tourists are freezing up here in shorts and t-shirts, lol.... sitting 42F with 40-60mph winds.

Coldest temperatures in over two months since mid-June when we were getting light snow over the summits.

How about that for an air mass change?  Near 75F at the picnic tables and very humid, to low 40s and blasting wind.

14102450_10102631683661710_8455717712206

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Down to 39F on the Rockpile.

Tourists are freezing up here in shorts and t-shirts, lol.... sitting 42F with 40-60mph winds.

Coldest temperatures in over two months since mid-June when we were getting light snow over the summits.

How about that for an air mass change?  Near 75F at the picnic tables and very humid, to low 40s and blasting wind.

I have wind chills in the 20s for the rock pile, but for whatever reason it doesn't trigger in the REC product to include it. I hope highs in the 40s and 60+ mph winds gets the point across.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I have wind chills in the 20s for the rock pile, but for whatever reason it doesn't trigger in the REC product to include it. I hope highs in the 40s and 60+ mph winds gets the point across.

Yeah I joke about it but its actually pretty serious how unprepared a lot of folks are in the high elevations when we get these late summer transitions.  They just don't have the clothing for it and I hate it because most don't realize how quickly their like string bean 13-year-old daughter is going to get hypothermic in shorts and a t-shirt in those conditions.  Its usually the kids that look the most uncomfortable and annoyed haha...but Mom and Dad planned on going to the summit on Monday so dammit they are going.

August is the busiest month for foot traffic on the mountain, so these rapid swings definitely impacts a good deal of folks.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I joke about it but its actually pretty serious how unprepared a lot of folks are in the high elevations when we get these late summer transitions.  They just don't have the clothing for it and I hate it because most don't realize how quickly their like string bean 13-year-old daughter is going to get hypothermic in shorts and a t-shirt in those conditions.  Its usually the kids that look the most uncomfortable and annoyed haha...but Mom and Dad planned on going to the summit on Monday so dammit they are going.

August is the busiest month for foot traffic on the mountain, so these rapid swings definitely impacts a good deal of folks.

Marvel and take the views of 0SM FG VV001

it's a good point about 'taken by surprise' tho - a sharp fropa after a warm up in early October must be a riot. 

but, it's 77/55 at most climo sites in SNE sub-forum right now - mountain meteorology is fascinating to me, but ...it doesn't really compare for here.  Perhaps on Greylock and midriff Monadnocks ...some, but for most in SNE's concern it's a amazing summer house cleaner air mass.  not much more... 

although - i think the sun up experience tomorrow will be a nice hearken to autumn. 

it'll be interesting to see if we can dodge late season heat from all that multi-ensemble support ridging over the conus at the end of the week onward... 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Amazing day to mow the fast growing grass. Lots of fropa in our future.  Nice pattern change with the WAR displaced from its 4 week run. With summers back broken  the triple H days are limited. The  Euro keeps things moving,  couple of HHH days but FROPA city.

I will miss my pool being comfortable. After floating along in a Disney pool for the last week plus I'm afraid today might be one of the last enjoyable pool days here for a bit

Archived