Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
More Summer Banter

eekuasepinniW

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I have over 1" less. It's not fun. Should be a good $500 water bill next quarter. Parts of my grass are now grey so I think I lost a good deal of my yard.

When I first bought my house, it had a decent front yard.  Me, not wanting mow all the time, came up with a brilliant plan, I would mow it as low as possible so that it would A) take longer to get back to the height where it needed mowing and B ) eventually burn out so I didn't have to mow it at all.  17 years later I rue that decision as the front lawn is crap now.  I'm not an anal lawn guy and would not put the money into it required to make it perfect but I would at least like it green.  On the bright side though I only have to mow the front about once a month while the shady, damper back yard has to be mowed almost twice a week at the height of the growing season.

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

When I first bought my house, it had a decent front yard.  Me, not wanting mow all the time, came up with a brilliant plan, I would mow it as low as possible so that it would A) take longer to get back to the height where it needed mowing and B ) eventually burn out so I didn't have to mow it at all.  17 years later I rue that decision as the front lawn is crap now.  I'm not an anal lawn guy and would not put the money into it required to make it perfect but I would at least like it green.  On the bright side though I only have to mow the front about once a month while the shady, damper back yard has to be mowed almost twice a week at the height of the growing season.

I'm not like Kevin either, but one of the efforts I made was to improve my yard. Spent some dough to do so.  My soil is crappy glacial leftovers with ledge underneath, so it dries out quickly. I've had some burnt patches here and there over the last few years..but I can't keep up. Would rather my plants live, so I've concentrated on that. After so many wet summers...I guess it's expected. I just wish I could get more than .25" at a time. I've had some nice strategic misses from convection either north or south.

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm not like Kevin either, but one of the efforts I made was to improve my yard. Spent some dough to do so.  My soil is crappy glacial leftovers with ledge underneath, so it dries out quickly. I've had some burnt patches here and there over the last few years..but I can't keep up. Would rather my plants live, so I've concentrated on that. After so many wet summers...I guess it's expected. I just wish I could get more than .25" at a time. I've had some nice strategic misses from convection either north or south.

Shaft

60dPDataNRCC.png

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

With the clay/loam base here the lawn in places has stayed somewhat green, But there are a lot of burnt areas as well but i'm not a big lawn guy as well, More into the garden stuff and no problems there with irrigation

Total clay but green as the envy coming from Scooters head. LOl Just kidding Scoots. Mowing and edging every week again to keep up. Garden looks great.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Total clay but green as the envy coming from Scooters head. LOl Just kidding Scoots. Mowing and edging every week again to keep up. Garden looks great.

Looks like you have cashed in on some of these showers the last few weeks at your casa

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

He wasn't referring to me.

My yard looks horrendous this year. Mostly in the front in the sun torched area. Despite some decent rains at times this summer..there's also been 10-14 day periods of little or none in between which is awful for it.

30 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Stiff breeze out there!

Current conditions at

Concord Municipal Airport (KCON)

Lat: 43.2°NLon: 71.5°WElev: 338ft.

A Few Clouds

78°F

26°C

Humidity 52%

Wind Speed NW 18 G 40 mph

Torchy CON too. It's been 68-70F OVC and G35mph at home. Love it.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

That third shot in particular is pretty sweet. I've always loved the look of clear night skies over an illuminated anvil.

I really wish I could have gotten a clearer shot of that. This was taken a few minutes prior to that, the moon was in a perfect spot. On a normal night, I can get a super crisp shot of the moon, of course it would fail this time.

Lightning6.jpg

Archived