joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

Euro is wild.

And BOX supporting our discussion yesterday

MODEL SOUNDINGS SHOWING POTENTIAL FOR A

BRIEF PERIOD OF NW WINDS UP TO 50 TO 60 MPH POSSIBLE!

All we wanted was for you to show us why you thought what you did, no biggie.

If I was playing devil's advocate for you in yesterday's discussion I would've said that despite the surface winds on the models not being overly impressive, the H85 winds are just strong enough at 40-50kts that with a convective threat, total-totals over 50, along with lapse rates in every column between 6-9C/km, we may mix those winds aloft better than most situations...especially in any organized squalls.

We were just looking for a discussion over hyperbolic one-liners.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ORH_wxman, based on what your seeing, AT THIS TIME, do you think southern NH will see more then 3"?( I may have to get a few plows on) I take it your talking about Monday night event? Thanks, Philip

Wild WEEKEND weather. Come on man this is like the third time.

Someone or maybe some narrow zone will see 3-5 out of this

6z GFS is what you want to see for the big wind.

Its further north with the snow but that brings some high winds to Tolland.  That's a strong 850 jet.  The best winds will be just south of the snow like its looked the past 3-4 days, though it'll still be plenty gusty everywhere.

6z GFS is what you want to see for the big wind.

Its further north with the snow but that brings some high winds to Tolland.  That's a strong 850 jet.  The best winds will be just south of the snow like its looked the past 3-4 days, though it'll still be plenty gusty everywhere.

attachicon.gifblizz_wind.png

attachicon.gifgfs.png

Euro has been so steadfast while the gFS has waffled on vort track. It seems to be farthest north.

In any event, will be wild and fun no matter where you are 

upton's going all in for the winds here...not much snow-maybe some snow showers with less than an inch but looks like the wind is the big story in SW New England

-

.HIGH WIND WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE SATURDAY NIGHTTHROUGH SUNDAY MORNING...* WINDS...WEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.* TIMING...LATE SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY MORNING.* IMPACTS...TREES AND POWER LINES MAY BE DOWNED. THIS MAY LEAD  TO SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES. DIFFICULTY DRIVING HIGH PROFILE  VEHICLES.

We're in a fun period. Yesterday's winds were no slouch! Squally rain to snow showers over the weekend and we redo the big winds Sunday capped by a snow cone Monday night.

Living here in an armpit for wind, I have been impressed of late.

Winds more impressive than I can recall in any event that did not occur on 3/14/93, or March of 2010.

Yeah that NAM look is exceptionally sweet. I would set my alarm to wake up for that.

The GFS... of course this is what will verify during this painfully boring winter.

Heh. I'm not sure you'll have to wake up early. May just have to stay up later. I wouldn't be surprised if this is in here by midnight Saturday. The flow is VERY fast and the models have been trying to catch up for days. 6z NAM already looks several hours behind at 12z.

All we wanted was for you to show us why you thought what you did, no biggie.

If I was playing devil's advocate for you in yesterday's discussion I would've said that despite the surface winds on the models not being overly impressive, the H85 winds are just strong enough at 40-50kts that with a convective threat, total-totals over 50, along with lapse rates in every column between 6-9C/km, we may mix those winds aloft better than most situations...especially in any organized squalls.

We were just looking for a discussion over hyperbolic one-liners.

I am unimpressed in the interior of CT

Its overrated an almost every system.....we hear posts about it for days and days, and its forgotten soon after it unfolds.

Actually, I'm adding it to my lexicon of fraud threats.

Well I don't think it's a fraud threat...the issue is some people exaggerate it. Also, if this storm went north, it would be a bigger issue. Core of strongest winds is well south over the waters.

Its overrated an almost every system.....we hear posts about it for days and days, and its forgotten soon after it unfolds.

Actually, I'm adding it to my lexicon of fraud threats.

I think one poster is responsible for posts and posts about the damaging wind lol.  What are the phraud Five again?  Severe, 'canes, Norluns, backlash.....

Archived