Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

Same thing.

And I don't mean for the coast line...its not fraud there.

I guess what I mean is that usually the winds are well modeled. If they model 40-50....it's usually close to that. Your fraud threat of an inv trough usually is because it's such a narrow area that gets the goods and is modeled poorly.   Many times a few posters hype wind up that is never modeled to be strong inland in the first place. It's not like we have instances where inland winds were supposed to be 50-60 and then end up 20-30 or something like that. 

This is why the hyping really takes away from these threads. It's leads many people into the wrong position, or a false sense of hope.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can one say Hurricanes are overrated?  Wow I love the science behind them and the unpredictable nature of them.  December 9th 2005 and Hurricane Bob are the two closest things I have ever witnessed with winds near 100mph and just wild weather, and I missed both true events.   Bob I missed because I slept through it at 2 years old and I was on the way to the Cape while stuck in the backside of the blizzard during the microburst of 2005

How can one say Hurricanes are overrated? Wow I love the science behind them and the unpredictable nature of them. December 9th 2005 and Hurricane Bob are the two closest things I have ever witnessed with winds near 100mph and just wild weather, and I missed both true events. Bob I missed because I slept through it at 2 years old and I was on the way to the Cape while stuck in the backside of the blizzard during the microburst of 2005

You would feel different if hurricane sandy hit you guys your house would have been destroyed like the thousands in NJ, NYC and long island

Its the 6z run and the RGEM out at the end of its run... but that is a beautiful vort max and closed H5 low bowling its way towards the south coast of SNE. 

Hopefully the dynamics of this come to pass for someone on this board with a couple hours of high snow rates and wind.

S CT too.   I won't be rooting for any canes to come by this way again....

With the amount of damage we saw from a weakening low-end Cat 1 in Sandy...it's scary to think about the amount of damage a major cane would actually do in the state. I could power outages in places for a month or more with the amount of tree/limb damage that would occur.

But back on topic...NAM actually looks a hair north. Good news for wind lovers in CT I suppose.

Reminds me of the December 9th 2005 mini nuke low

It has some similar characteristics...but a big difference is there isn't a big moisture connection from the south like that one had and the mid-level winds are far weaker. So we won't expect 12-16" of snow and 90-100mph winds, lol.

But this could produce 3-4 hours of blizzard conditions over many areas.

It has some similar characteristics...but a big difference is there isn't a big moisture connection from the south like that one had and the mid-level winds are far weaker. So we won't expect 12-16" of snow and 90-100mph winds, lol.

But this could produce 3-4 hours of blizzard conditions over many areas.

Do you agree that the NAM may handle this best inside of 48 hours?

Do you agree that the NAM may handle this best inside of 48 hours?

Maybe more like 36h, lol...RGEM is the model I'd probably watch the closest though once we get inside that timeframe. It's essentially a better version of the NAM for stuff like this.

Archived