joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like a poor mans 12/9/2005. That can still be fun for a short time.

Hopefully...you need to really get that ULL deepened very quickly as it passes almost over us or just under us. What we don't want is for it to get too strung to the southeast...have the height lines get too stretched SE...then it'll just give a period of steady snow...but probably not all that heavy...,maybe only briefly. It's kind of a tightrope to walk. You want to really see those 5H heights come back N right as it goes under us.

Can someone pull 4" from this?

I just am hoping for a few minutes of wind and heavy snow.

Someone could def pull that much if things go right...but there's obviously a chance it ends up less robust too. But the deeper look in the upper levels is encouraging. Hopefully it maintains.

Do you buy the NAM?

I buy the potent look. But the question is where does it track. 10-15 miles will mean a ton..and there is no way to narrow that down. I do believe in the narrow area getting hit good...I also believe I would not rip and read QPF in this scenario. Basically right now...everyone from like a KASH latitude to KHVN latitude is game. E-W in that corridor. 

I buy the potent look. But the question is where does it track. 10-15 miles will mean a ton..and there is no way to narrow that down. I do believe in the narrow area getting hit good...I also believe I would not rip and read QPF in this scenario. Basically right now...everyone from like a KASH latitude to KHVN latitude is game. E-W in that corridor.

That's all we can ask for.

It's smaller scale, but reminds me a little of Feb 15 last year...just a very potent ULL look with big instability. That ended up as a big disaster forecast for the QPF queens.

Obviously this isn't as large of scale as already mentioned, but you could easily see a nice little swath of solid advisory snows...and if everything went right, you couldn't rule out a 6 or 7 spot in 4 hours somewhere. But so much depends on how well this deepens as it crosses over the south coast or nearby. It could also just end up as a meh 1-3" in spots if the core of that vortmax/ULL doesn't deepen sharply and ends up stretchs too much to the southeast.

It's smaller scale, but reminds me a little of Feb 15 last year...just a very potent ULL look with big instability. That ended up as a big disaster forecast for the QPF queens.

Obviously this isn't as large of scale as already mentioned, but you could easily see a nice little swath of solid advisory snows...and if everything went right, you couldn't rule out a 6 or 7 spot in 4 hours somewhere. But so much depends on how well this deepens as it crosses over the south coast or nearby. It could also just end up as a meh 1-3" in spots if the core of that vortmax/ULL doesn't deepen sharply and ends up stretchs too much to the southeast.

Yeah you don't want it to stretch SE and not close off. Would be nice if this began to close off over Forky. It just looks like a potent bugger right now. Even if you look at the theta-e at H7...it has that classic tuck in look of warmer and more moist air right into ORH practically...with a dryslot/lower theta-e south of SNE. Just has the look of something nice. Have to hope it maintains a very strong look and can try to close off just south of SNE.

Models are never going to resolve something to that type of scale... total nowcast. 

I picture like a one to two county wide swath getting the best stuff, within a larger area of 1-3".  Almost like a summer MCS with a light rain shield around it.

Models are never going to resolve something to that type of scale... total nowcast. 

I picture like a one to two county wide swath getting the best stuff, within a larger area of 1-3".  Almost like a summer MCS with a light rain shield around it.

It will be neat to watch. I love these little critters that pack a punch. GFS is throwing -LI values into SNE at that time.

It will be neat to watch. I love these little critters that pack a punch. GFS is throwing -LI values into SNE at that time.

18z GFS is really impressive for your area/BOS region.  The little H7 closure slows it just enough to crank for another hour or two longer than other areas. That'll make a difference if you are getting 0.15" in the bucket every hour.

I know, don't rip and read QPF but that's also impressive with 0.4-0.5" 24 hour totals between ORH and BOS.

Archived