Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, it was a test - he failed ... 

it could blow more intense than the grid suggests do to convective transport, but he didn't reply with anything Meteorological.  

The whole vamp to begin with is based on tingling sensations on the back of his neck,  almost like trying to will events into reality by creating false memes on the web and getting people to believe in hype - 

Yeah that's what I said playing devil's advocate to him.

There's a good chance for some high winds, but for a life-long weather lover its hard to engage in an actual discussion.

GFS has a pretty impressive backside windfield...

GFS rips ORH-BOS a new one. It's one of the most impressive of any model. 

Have you actually looked at the radar (check this out:   http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/full_loop.php) over the Lakes region?

wow, that is just a sick, sick amount of torque in the atmosphere trundling ESE.  You just wonder almost ... if this could over produce like one of those little "critters that bite" like Dr. Bozart lectured about back in the day.

I recall a few of them over the years.  There was one back in I think Feb of 2003 or 2004, that was pretty much NOT forecasted to dump the warning level 10" of snow that occurred along the Pike one day.  There are others too - 

I gotta say, if there were ever a candidate for an explosive ...if perhaps unintended result, this would certainly appear to be a candidate.

The latest 24 hours HRRR run likes northern half of CT up towards BOS...pretty much I-90 and a little below.

DIT doing snow angles in 6"... and 6-7" in the BOS area.

That model is still in clown range...but the idea of 6"+ is not looking out of the question at all...all guidance shows that potential sans the 00z Euro.

Kind of surprising there is absolutely no winter statement or product out from BOX.

I mean even a Special Weather Statement this morning regarding tomorrow morning? 

Here's why:

post-8652-0-24642900-1459613303_thumb.pn

They're going on the warmer side which is why they have totals so low; I think that that's a misguided decision as we've seen it many times before where a marginal BL is overpowered by strong dynamics, but that's their reasoning at least. 

I'd expect to see this go up this afternoon if the rest of the 12z guidance looks like the GFS or RGEM though.

That model is still in clown range...but the idea of 6"+ is not looking out of the question at all...all guidance shows that potential sans the 00z Euro.

Man everything breaks right for you guys these years, lol.  It does look very impressive right now on most guidance. 

These years it makes you wonder how SNE doesn't average more snow than NNE :lol:.  I've been more excited over events in SNE over the past 4 years than anything up here.  They are all interesting systems too.

GFS puts 981 to the east of James fanny

Someone might verify cane force winds

yeah as Ryan was just mentioning, this is a good candidate for a tropospheric fold ("sting jet") which ... that's a whole different ball game and I don't know of any modeling products (based on model output that is...) that identify stingers - tho they may exist.  On going wind products in general may pick them up.

anyway, when that happens. you're getting all this wind and then all the sudden, YOU'RE GETTING ALL THIS WIND and going wtf is going on while the sound of timbre cracks and power blinks portend an evening in the shade - 

Archived