Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

Look at the wording from Sipperell gone wild, yet not even an advisory. :lol:

I mean I just clicked on a random spot between BOS and ORH and was just surprised at the complete lack of any winter product.

To be honest this looks like one where you don't even wait for all the guidance, you just throw something up quickly and then fine tune it later.

But man if anyone gets like 4-7" tomorrow with high winds, that's a full-on snowstorm for the public.  They don't care if it falls in 3 hours or 12... just reading the HWO it sounds more like snow showers with wind.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean I just clicked on a random spot between BOS and ORH and was just surprised at the complete lack of any winter product.

To be honest this looks like one where you don't even wait for all the guidance, you just throw something up quickly and then fine tune it later.

But man if anyone gets like 4-7" tomorrow with high winds, that's a full-on snowstorm for the public. They don't care if it falls in 3 hours or 12... just reading the HWO it sounds more like snow showers with wind.

Wind Advisory is now in effect from 5 AM to 5 PM Sunday for Franklin, Hampshire, Northern Worcester, Northern Middlesex Counties of Massachusetts and Hartford County Connecticut for sustained winds of 15-25 MPH with gusts up to 50 MPH. These winds will be capable of causing isolated pockets of tree and wire damage and power outages..

..A High Wind Watch is now in effect from late tonight through Sunday Afternoon for the rest of the NWS Taunton Coverage Area for sustained winds of 25-35 MPH with gusts to 65 MPH. Even higher gusts greater than 65 MPH possibly to near hurricane force are possible somewhere within the watch area..

..Snow Squalls and any thundersnow will result in a quick 1-3" of snow across much of interior Southern New England. Isolated higher snow amounts are possible in any persistent snow squall/thundersnow bands that track over the same area..

I just reached out to people on my staff and told them to cut way back on the food service order and have contingency plans in place for a much smaller crowd than we had anticipated (1200 people). I hope it's not too late to reduce the food--that's a pretty hefty budget item.

--Mike

thank God it's tomorrow. Big clam bake here today,been fun out in the deluge but we are sold out. Bake almost done. 55 pallets of burning, 20 bags of seaweed 175 lobsters, salmon,clams,corn etc etc. Boston should get smoked in the morning but I would think by afternoon things are fine for travel.

I just reached out to people on my staff and told them to cut way back on the food service order and have contingency plans in place for a much smaller crowd than we had anticipated (1200 people).  I hope it's not too late to reduce the food--that's a pretty hefty budget item.

--Mike

Lol...1200 will show up and it will be known as the not enough food event...

thank God it's tomorrow. Big clam bake here today,been fun out in the deluge but we are sold out. Bake almost done. 55 pallets of burning, 20 bags of seaweed 175 lobsters, salmon,clams,corn etc etc. Boston should get smoked in the morning but I would think by afternoon things are fine for travel.

Nice.  I just heard back from one of the organizers of our event saying it shouldn't be bad, maybe an inch or so.

That's the thinking amongst the public in the Boston area.  Actually, I think she might live in NH.....I told her it could be a little worse than that.

Bizarre.

Ginxy is right there's a mention of it in the High Wind Warning or HWO... but the public isn't making the connection between those products and what might happen.  They know its going to snow if snow or winter weather/winter storm is in the headline.

I just found it odd that they hit it so hard in the AFD but then don't have anything specific about it for a headline or statement, though I would imagine they have to put something out this afternoon.

SNOW BURST EARLY SUNDAY MORNING INTO MIDDAY ACCOMPANIED WITH STRONG

TO DAMAGING WINDS. WILL BE AN UNPRECEDENTED RARE EVENT INCORPORATING

RAPID CYCLOGENESIS...INTENSE LIFT...AND ACCUMULATING SNOWS AS WELL

AS THE LIKELIHOOD OF THUNDERSNOW. SHOULD SEE IMPACTS TAPER DOWNWARD

LATE AFTERNOON INTO SUNDAY EVENING. AFRAID MANY ARE GOING TO BE

CAUGHT OFF-GUARD WITH THE LATE SEASON SNOW.

I live up in Central NH and nothing is out or blooming. I assume there is no life out in SNE either other than a rogue fruit tree or two.  Lucky this storm is happening now and not in another week or 10 days.  Wind does so much more damage with leaf out.

Enjoy your weather event.  We miss up here as we have for most weather events the past 2 years.

Trees are budding here

I live up in Central NH and nothing is out or blooming. I assume there is no life out in SNE either other than a rogue fruit tree or two. Lucky this storm is happening now and not in another week or 10 days. Wind does so much more damage with leaf out.

Enjoy your weather event. We miss up here as we have for most weather events the past 2 years.

Yeah this is the most robust solution yet...mesos def have led the way.

not to be a prig but .. heh, duh.  

i mean, this was always having that exotic frontogen look to it, and not sure that's ever been a global model forte at more than 24 hours lead.  no one's fault - just sayin'   in a way, 'can you drive a 55 vmax like that an NOT have hell to pay?!'

we have some 110 kts of drilling wind max cutting straight down the length of LI or just S of there, and typically... between 1 and 3 degrees on the left side of wind maxes you get your best QPF verification.  

i mentioned Lance Bozart awhile ago (can't recall which thread) but this is a kind of ... not so littler critter (actually) that's not well advertized.  

Archived