Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

seems like a CCB situation where you won't see the east west lines

What do you mean by that? I'm thinking that it's basically a north/south gradient, and this is much more latitudinally dependent than longitudinally. Not sure if you're agreeing with me or saying the exact opposite.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The loop of this image shows a fantastic degree of rotational energy ...this entire banded region is not moving SE, it's rolling SE -

this band over central Michigan has been nearly stationary around that cyclonic arc for about 3 hours, and has that intense meso appeal about it.  It'll be interesting to see what totals come out of that narrow band.  

This sort of layout with perhaps a bit more fill as this whole structure maximizes as it passes over us - 

post-904-0-74803800-1459624867_thumb.jpg

What do you mean by that? I'm thinking that it's basically a north/south gradient, and this is much more latitudinally dependent than longitudinally. Not sure if you're agreeing with me or saying the exact opposite.

in the Uber lift areas cyclonic turning will get heavy snow farther south.

in the Uber lift areas cyclonic turning will get heavy snow farther south.

Yeah there will probably be some pockets further south in brief bands...but the system moves so insanely fast that we end up with more latitude gradient than would otherwise be the case with a CCB rapidly developing. The spots that get both the WCB and CCB will get that stripe of heaviest.

The loop of this image shows a fantastic degree of rotational energy ...this entire banded region is not moving SE, it's rolling SE -

this band over central Michigan has been nearly stationary around that cyclonic arc for about 3 hours, and has that intense meso appeal about it.  It'll be interesting to see what totals come out of that narrow band.  

This sort of layout with perhaps a bit more fill as this whole structure maximizes as it passes over us - 

attachicon.gifgyre.jpg

I've really been checked out for the last few off days enjoying golf and prepping for my AL-only draft, but that radar (or satellite too) is basically all I need to see to know something siggy is on the way.

NAM definitely has a damaging wind threat - though I think it's probably confined to the south coast. A sting jet kind of look as we get the frontal passage.

HRRRX run straight out of Kevin's basement, with a weenie finger of 50 knot gusts back into Tolland Co.

post-44-0-14759900-1459627343_thumb.png

Tough making a precise forecast based on latitude of the best vorticity... it's a large upper level synoptic feature but this feels like a mesoscale forecast.

Try to make correlations in today's guidance on where the heavy SNE stripe will land based on digging of vorticity in the H5 stream 12 hours earlier, and (appropriately) it's about as consistent as eddies in a stream.

The nice thing with RGEM is we (in eastern SNE) get into developing CCB so a little broader impact.

Sorry if it's been mentioned but I didn't read the whole thread.

In some ways this makes me think of December 2005.

Maybe for the compact nature of both ... but in terms of how they fit into the large synoptic picture their similarities are only so so

Archived