joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Change the map background and scale here to something like Canadian County, Oklahoma and I would chase this.

post-44-0-29674300-1459641864_thumb.png

It's neat to watch these atmosphere processes kind of mirror each other on varying scales. The large pressure perturbation forces this NW backside jet, kind of like how the large pressure perturbation in a supercell forces a RFD.

I'm leaving to go into Boston at 6:00a.m. I guess I'll be driving through this the entire trip. Hopefully the flash-freeze Will cautioned about doesn't come to fruition.

Go in tonight and get a hotel IMO. Driving down the pike in this is going to be sketchy between the wind snow and possible flash freeze and you should be able to grab something respectable on Hotwire for not that much in the grand scheme of things. Seen and heard about too many people getting hurt on the roads during snowstorms and considering the lead time people won't know it's coming most likely.

How Far East are you?

I'm not thinking me. Rapidly intensifying and volatile short wave moving fairly rapidly. Storms like this usually seem to flip earlier than thought for some places. I think you, east to ginx, and Bob over to the South Shore. Not buying rt 2 jack yet. I think I do fine but not jack.

Go in tonight and get a hotel IMO. Driving down the pike in this is going to be sketchy between the wind snow and possible flash freeze and you should be able to grab something respectable on Hotwire for not that much in the grand scheme of things. Seen and heard about too many people getting hurt on the roads during snowstorms and considering the lead time people won't know it's coming most likely.

That certainly would be the safe option, but I'll be doing it in the a.m.  I'm sure there won't be much traffic.

FWIW, I use Rt 2 to get to Boston from here.

Already down to 37.7/24 here at this point, so hoping the flash-freeze threat will be minimized by the time this starts.  Further east might be a different story.

I'm not thinking me. Rapidly intensifying and volatile short wave moving fairly rapidly. Storms like this usually seem to flip earlier than thought for some places. I think you, east to ginx, and Bob over to the South Shore. Not buying rt 2 jack yet. I think I do fine but not jack.

. Rock on. I'm feeling the Norfolk county back into Worcester county as the area to watch.

Archived