• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

For extreme wx lovers like myself, this weekends look is about as fun and wild as it gets.

Euro and GGEM both depicting gusts to 60 mph or higher Sunday morning especially over SNE. With a cold pattern settling in, that will take down some serious trees and lines and cause some cold homes for a few dos prior to the potential snowstorm Tuesday.

North of the vort track there could be a nice band of 3-6 inches of snow  in CNE..with ground whitening squalls all the way to the south coast

It's shaping up to be better than a crazy episode of GGW

Tyler Jankoski ‏@TylerJankoski  1h

High wind potential Sunday morning. Euro has 60 mph gusts.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see what the EURO does but the GFS and GGEM have a nice little NNE snow event this weekend.

GFS is further north than the GGEM but still brings a stripe of 0.25-0.5" QPF as snow to the northern tier into Quebec. 

The GGEM is further south but likewise has a very dynamic fun looking storm.

Euro has a snowy Sun morning for many in the interior.

Just saw it... meh not as fun or dynamic as 00z looked but we watch and wait.  Would put flakes in the air for a larger portion of the forum members though, at least down to Mt Tolland. 

Definitely a different look than the GFS/GGEM...weaker but more south to spread the love to more in here.

Yeah a true damaging wind event is hard to come by if you can get it.

Yeah..this seems like a truly legit one..and if models are spitting out 60mph..you know there will be some 65+ er's FTW

Tyler Jankoski ‏@TylerJankoski  8m

High wind warnings may be needed across southern New England Sunday morning. Gusts 50-60 mph possible.

Ce0LWdkUAAADqax.jpg

Everything still on track for gusts 50-60mph and whiteout squalls to the coast Sunday morning. Euro came south as did GFS with vort track

From what I saw the wind threat looks a little less due to the more southern track. The strongest low level jet dynamics pass between DC and NYC (60-70kts at H85) though CT does get into some 50kts and less NE. But that southern shift also shifted the highest wind a bit further south on the SW side of the low and vort.

Man is that something else on the 6z GFS prog for NYC... 925mb temps go from +2C to near -9C in 6 hours with a 60-70kt H85 jet out of the NW.

The position of the low as it trended south puts them right in the sweet spot of wind and CAA on that prog.  Funneling that through those city streets...going to be miserable walking.

925mb temps after being above freezing 6 hours earlier.

I really don't see what is so remarkable about this in our neck of the woods....I know I'll be attacked by certain peeps, but I just don't get it.

Very cold, windy and some squalls.

I'd pass.

There's potential for more than just a couple snow squalls. There could be a pretty intense few hour period of snow if it works out.

I wouldn't go forecasting that yet but when you have a shortwave that potent track underneath you then you need to watch it.

There's potential for more than just a couple snow squalls. There could be a pretty intense few hour period of snow if it works out.

I wouldn't go forecasting that yet but when you have a shortwave that potent track underneath you then you need to watch it.

Ok.

Perhaps a mini 12/9/05....

I would def. keep expectations quite tempered.

Well it's definitely a NB look. I guess it depends on how you look at it.

NB is subjective anyway. For some, if it doesn't involve 6"+ of snow then it's all the same. For others, looking at the extremely unstable soundings and maybe some good snow squalls is pretty fun.

Regardless, there's some potential for a heavy burst of snow if things work out. So worth keeping an eye on at least until it we see where that shortwave will track.

Archived