• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

NB is subjective anyway. For some, if it doesn't involve 6"+ of snow then it's all the same. For others, looking at the extremely unstable soundings and maybe some good snow squalls is pretty fun.

Regardless, there's some potential for a heavy burst of snow if things work out. So worth keeping an eye on at least until it we see where that shortwave will track.

Fair enough.

Thanks for explaining.

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given how the season has gone, I'm guessing Sunday's cold air arrives just as the moisture has departed (as depicted in PF's #21, above) - maybe see some flakes while driving to church.  Then the next system becomes a colder, drier version of 3/21, perhaps a full whiff for the foothills rather than the few tenths received from that earlier event.  Might see some single-digit lows, though - only had two of those since moving out of Ft. Kent 30 years ago.

Not all trop folds are created equal. It may get wild for a time but I'm not sure about memorable.

Well it's not going to blow to 100MPH on CC with 1-2 feet of snow inland no...but heavy snow for a few hours, thunder, winds gusting to and past 60mph..that's something most wx nuts look forward to and would remember vividly.

Well it's not going to blow to 100MPH on CC with 1-2 feet of snow inland no...but heavy snow for a few hours, thunder, winds gusting to and past 60mph..that's something most wx nuts look forward to and would remember vividly.

That sounds really wild.

That sounds really wild.

Glad you are on board with us

Tyler Jankoski ‏@TylerJankoski  1h

Ce4ydZIW8AEmYIq.jpg
2 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Now you are stealing our clippers too! 

;)

Nice southern trend on that one for you guys here in the late innings.

Everything has found a way to fail up here this year. I don't see why it would be different now ;).

Euro is even further south than 00z...that would put the best snows in CT/RI Sunday morning. It is the furthest south of any guidance...but it seems that a decent chunk of SNE is likely to see some accumulating snow early Sunday.

Euro is even further south than 00z...that would put the best snows in CT/RI Sunday morning. It is the furthest south of any guidance...but it seems that a decent chunk of SNE is likely to see some accumulating snow early Sunday.

Sounds like what the GGEM had. Best lift in RI/CT/SE MA.

How much on Euro?

Probably a couple inches. When you get really unstable soundings like this though you have to watch for pockets of higher amounts that models may have trouble picking out...because it almost may be convective for a time.

I'll take Will's response for $1,000. Alex

Well that's what the euro had. But it's one of those things where maybe someone gets C-1" and another area gets 3". It may not be widespread, but a narrow area in a E-W band could do quite well. I wouldn't cry over an inch. 

This may be another ignore QPF and look at mid level features. I know QPF is south on euro, it I like the look overall for SNE.

Pretty sharp kink at H7 on a lot of guidance which suggests there could be a pretty good burst of steady snow near and just north of that...those unstable soundings would promote some intense pockets.

Obviously this type of setup we'll know more about once we get it inside of 36 hours.

Archived