joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM still has a few hundred to several hundred J of MUcape hugging southern CT around 6z.  That is probably just ahead of the approaching precipitation but if some of that hangs around...yikes,  

Imagine if this vortmax had come a month from now and run through upstate NY. Carnage. 

Hard to see well in that pic, but it def looks like some graupel could be in there...it's kind of a graupel sounding with freezing heights around 850mb and -10C at 700mb...so there's def ice crystals forming and then probably falling through supercooled droplets below that.

But you can also get hail too if the lift is enough.

I'm not saying you'll jackpot in this...but I'm not nearly convinced that you'll be mostly missed or fringed. There will definitely be an extra intense area pretty compact just north of the center...but I'm seeing more evidence for a larger commahead developing to the north.

A place like Cape Ann would benefit that. Northern suburbs including Ray's area.

I'm pretty excited.... Probably just going to pull an all nighter LOL 

Just look at this...

https://twitter.com/anthonywx/status/716469879763808257

This is just going to be all kinds of fun.  That line to the SW is actually (well has) intensified and should move into SNE in a few hours.  Not sure if it will remain strong but we will go from like torrential downpours/thunder/lightning/hail (maybe) to heavy snow and thunder/lightning and winds.  I can't contain myself 

Archived