joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wild Weekend Weather- Disco 04/02-/04/03

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see in that image how its rapidly developing a commahead/CCB. Pretty impressive.

The 4km NAM/WRF does it too but its much further south... so much so it doesn't have much of anything fall even BOS-ORH northward.

This one crushes Tolland to even the RI coast.

The 4km NAM/WRF does it too but its much further south... so much so it doesn't have much of anything fall even BOS-ORH northward.

This one crushes Tolland to even the RI coast.

attachicon.gifuntitled.png

attachicon.gifuntitled1.png

I assume it must track the vortmax much further south than other guidance. It's all about where that core vortmax tracks...for SNE as a whole, something over about LI would be ideal.

RGEM looks really good at 48h...a tick south of the NAM, but very similar in the potent vortmax and rapid development of MLs. Verbatim it would hit CT/RI the hardest.

We'll see how these look in another 2 or 3 runs...by that point we'll be inside of 36 hours which is when they are more reliable.

RGEM looks really good at 48h...a tick south of the NAM, but very similar in the potent vortmax and rapid development of MLs. Verbatim it would hit CT/RI the hardest.

We'll see how these look in another 2 or 3 runs...by that point we'll be inside of 36 hours which is when they are more reliable.

This is a really tough one to communicate. There's a chance this produces a pretty epic 2-3 hour burst of wind, snow, thunder here in CT but a pretty good chance it does not. The track of that vort max is critical - if it ticks farther north like the 12z NAM did it's game over here but on for the Mass Pike. It's a really narrow band that gets into the goods.

It's a really tough one to figure out how to communicate well.

This is a really tough one to communicate. There's a chance this produces a pretty epic 2-3 hour burst of wind, snow, thunder here in CT but a pretty good chance it does not. The track of that vort max is critical - if it ticks farther north like the 12z NAM did it's game over here but on for the Mass Pike. It's a really narrow band that gets into the goods.

Yeah its like a 25-30 mile wide band that really goes nuts...with maybe a lesser moderate burst stretching another 10 miles either side.  

Would you use the 12k NAM over the 4K?

Yeah its like a 25-30 mile wide band that really goes nuts...with maybe a lesser moderate burst stretching another 10 miles either side.  

Yup - I did a briefing this morning in the newsroom and said... there's like a 1 in 3 chance people wake up Sunday morning and go "holy f*#%" but it could just as easily shift north up toward the Mass Pike region.

Hard to figure out how to staff it as it's such a high impact low probability event. 

Yup - I did a briefing this morning in the newsroom and said... there's like a 1 in 3 chance people wake up Sunday morning and go "holy f*#%" but it could just as easily shift north up toward the Mass Pike region.

Hard to figure out how to staff it as it's such a high impact low probability event. 

Helps that it is a sunday am-not much traffic concerns, although I'm sure a few churches will close (not sure why exactly)

Helps that it is a sunday am-not much traffic concerns, although I'm sure a few churches will close (not sure why exactly)

I think this is the first time I've seen "snowstorm" on google weather since moving to Boston this past August. Definitely church hours!

CcVZwJu.png

Archived