joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm OBS

lakeeffectkid383

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GYX did not have school but Raymond did. Was behind a bus coming down the steep hill by my house and it was sliding all over. Really surprised they didn't cancel, but at 4am, my wife was leaving for logan and it hadn't started snowing yet so roads were clear. Not sure how late they can cancel school (5am?), but I'm sure they're regretting it now.

They had implemented for the first time this year 2 hr delays and the they didn't even use it when they should have

It was fluffy here too. The earlier heavy band was all dendrites. Not much wet.

I woke up at 6 and took a quick look outside and it looked like slushy accumulation just starting to approach 1". By the time I got out of the shower it was like we were ripping along at 2"/hr.

Right before our 12z measurement at the office Ekster made a quick check of the snowfall and had 4", 15 minutes later at 12z it was 4.8"

Nice band just popped over your area.

Ratios were probably <10:1 here, snow felt very wet and almost like it had some IP in it(It didn't, but had that sticky feeling to it) when I was measuring.

I know I mentioned in the storm discussion thread, that if modeling kept up with mid level tracks, some dry slotting issues might affect SE areas. Poor snow growth would point towards that.

The snow gods did not bless me in this one.  Was only in the heavy banding for a little bit in the Bristol County RI area, while areas to the NW and SE of me a little more of the heavier stuff.  Also took a while for it to stick on the ground.

2" slush on the ground.
4" of snow on the car/patio.

#SnowHole  :bag:

Archived