joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm OBS

lakeeffectkid383

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow is completely gone except in shaded areas. No sign of a storm because plows didn't even need to come out so there isn't any snow piles either.

Overall I thought this ended well for CT. Could have been a lot worse, ill take 4.8 any day. Found it funny that just when good bands started setting up over central CT and we started seeing 1"/hr rates Upton issues an updated AFD in which they mention taking down the advisory... turns out they busted low with the 2-4FX. Glad I stuck with my 4-7 range it ended up being too high though in western CT.

I'm making a totals map tonight so if anyone reads this PM me your snowfall for any town in CT, thanks.

Get rid of it. We had our fun...time to move on...

While I didn't invest as much time in this as prior events due to the Hockey East tournament, I'd rather not have it occur at all. 

Looking back, all I got was slushy streets and 3.something inches of snow. Cold, wintry weather is nice. But if we're going to snow in March I'd like it to be several inches. Beggars can't be choosers you might say, but I wasn't exactly begging for a snowstorm. Enjoyed the 74F day and mild weather we had in the past weeks.

All of the pages and posts for a meh event... Just not worth the time in the end if you really are honest.

Archived