joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm OBS

lakeeffectkid383

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still pretty shocked that BOS-PVD and southeast didn't do better. I would've bet money they were good for widespread 6-8"..but guess that's the open wave not giving the strong moisture injection? I pictured a radar with a solid area of 25-35 dbz precip in SE Mass coming in off the ocean for 4-6 hours, while the mid-level band developed and then the whole thing swings east.

Still pretty shocked that BOS-PVD and southeast didn't do better. I would've bet money they were good for widespread 6-8"..but guess that's the open wave not giving the strong moisture injection? I pictured a radar with a solid area of 25-35 dbz precip in SE Mass coming in off the ocean for 4-6 hours, while the mid-level band developed and then the whole thing swings east.

Yeah that's probably where the model guidance failed the most...I posted in the other thread about this. The models did a great job showing the best banding west of I-95, but they did fail to an extent in SE MA where precip ended up more showery.

I don't think anyone questioned your total this time...just a little gentle prodding.

That could have been even higher if he cleared the surface once after 6 hours and added the two together. I'm sure mine would have been also but it was the middle of the night. Snow started flying around 8:30 and ended around 8:00AM. But the accumulating snow didnt really get going until about 11PM. I guess technically you could clear the board/surface at 2AM and add the two totals but im guessing almost no one did that since it felt like a really short storm. People would have to get up at like 2 or 3AM just to clear.

Hey, it's gotten so bad with the accusations on here, that I now have to post pictures with a ruler . Sad , but it is what it is... And even then, I still get people saying things

lol...I made a comment about how I would personally interpret the reading and you took it personally.  Feeling guilty?

We got about 0.5" of surprise snow overnight. Where did that come from?

It looks like a couple of squall lines came through.  Congrats...I only got a few flakes out of it.

Damage In Tolland, on 21 Mar 2016 - 8:53 PM, said:

Hey, it's gotten so bad with the accusations on here, that I now have to post pictures with a ruler . Sad , but it is what it is... And even then, I still get people saying things

7B95EF66-8376-4CF2-8946-739CAFD6A831_zps

I had 7" total and Stratham, NH reported 9" for the storm. I measured on my gravel driveway on the north side of the garage where there was frost in the ground. Amounts were less where the sun got to the surface the day before.

Archived