• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 20-21 Storm OBS

lakeeffectkid383

just measured 3 exactly over one hour after the snow stopped and 34 degrees, so may have been a bit more. EXACTLY 30 for the year. First time ever with exactly 30 for the year and exactly average. How can I post a picture? This is for Easton CT.

I would think you average a little more than 30. Even the Stamford co-op site averages 31.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow....finally a full-on ratter for you.

You had quite a stretch throughout my first 9 years on the board.

Was Dendrite running a huge positive snow departure up until now? It seems like since 2007-2008 nothing has been spectacular except maybe 2010-2011 for CNE/NNE.

The last 3 of 4 winters have been almost entirely SNE positive departures.

decent burst came through central rt 2 region ... ended up with 4 1/2 or 5" of powder. 

interesting ... the roads were never worst than wet the whole way to work.  30 F, light to moderate steady snow ... just water.  

Checking out satellite, sharp and abrupt clearing extends N-S over western VT/MA and NYC.  It's pressing E and will probably accelerate as the low finally clears our latitude.   I'm wondering if we end up with a sunny-ish mid afternoon. 

It was really hard to be stuck on long term yesterday. I tried to add my opinions where I could, but there's only so much of the 8 day forecast I can micromanage.

It's weird, sometimes you spend two or three days forecasting a system and because of the quirks of our rotation I lose responsibility of the storm for a day (and of course that's when headlines go up). 

It was really hard to be stuck on long term yesterday. I tried to add my opinions where I could, but there's only so much of the 8 day forecast I can micromanage.

It's weird, sometimes you spend two or three days forecasting a system and because of the quirks of our rotation I lose responsibility of the storm for a day (and of course that's when headlines go up). 

Not that anyone asked ... but it appears to me the old 1.5 to 3 Deg left of v-max track pretty much nailed the cold side QPF in this.  

We've been hyper focused all weak on where the models have been bull's eyeing the low, when in the end ... these bands of frontogen looking snows seemed to be less involved with cyclogenesis altogether and more along the lines of mid level forcing, period. 

you know ... in a way, this was kinda ANA looking to some dgree - though I'm sure that wouldn't hold up to reananlysis -

:weenie:

Not that anyone asked ... but it appears to me the old 1.5 to 3 Deg left of v-max track pretty much nailed the cold side QPF in this.  

We've been hyper focused all weak on where the models have been bull's eyeing the low, when in the end ... these bands of frontogen looking snows seemed to be less involved with cyclogenesis altogether and more along the lines of mid level forcing, period. 

you know ... in a way, this was kinda ANA looking to some dgree - though I'm sure that wouldn't hold up to reananlysis -

Yeah when you do not have good inflow, the mid levels are really what to look at. So instead of a good CCB and isentropic lift...you get the banded nature of snow. 

decent burst came through central rt 2 region ... ended up with 4 1/2 or 5" of powder.

interesting ... the roads were never worst than wet the whole way to work. 30 F, light to moderate steady snow ... just water.

Checking out satellite, sharp and abrupt clearing extends N-S over western VT/MA and NYC. It's pressing E and will probably accelerate as the low finally clears our latitude. I'm wondering if we end up with a sunny-ish mid afternoon.

It's already mostly sunny in NYC's suburbs. Almost all of the clouds are gone.

GYX did not have school but Raymond did. Was behind a bus coming down the steep hill by my house and it was sliding all over. Really surprised they didn't cancel, but at 4am, my wife was leaving for logan and it hadn't started snowing yet so roads were clear. Not sure how late they can cancel school (5am?), but I'm sure they're regretting it now.

Windham also had school.  I got a kick out of looking at the poor kids huddled at the street corners waiting for buses while heavy snow fell

Hopefully this fits Herbs criteria

lol...I don't care what you call it.  You're the one who has to live with it.  I just try and be as precise as I can and err on the side of caution.  If I stick a ruler in the snow and it's level at 5.9" but one little arm of a snowflake is sticking up and barely reaches 6.0", I don't call it 6.0".  It's 5.9. Like I said, I don't care.  I was just making a comment about my own observation more than anything.

It's a nice little snowfall.  Great to see!

Windham also had school.  I got a kick out of looking at the poor kids huddled at the street corners waiting for buses while heavy snow fell

you're so sneaky evil for being a parent ;)

man, school gets canceled every time someone farts a snowflake...back in the day when i had to walk to school, up hill both ways, they hardly ever canceled school the night before, i remember waking up and listening for the firestation whistle and watching the news hoping to hear them read my school as they went down the list alphabetically, or listening to wbz am radio waiting to hear them read the list of canceled schools...i feel we are turning into a bunch of pansies

Those graphics were telling. Maybe we can use them again in 10 days?

Archived