joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely this one.  Seems to have had more rain, and just awful pattern breaks overall.

In 11-12 I had about 17 inches for the season. That had the October bomb which was such an event, and then we had the one 6 incher in January that season, and that was it for that year here. Then it got summertime warm in February and that was the end of that winter.

This season is certainly more snowy than that one was for me (28.25" to date so far this year), but this one is certainly worse everywhere in NE ( outside of N Maine) which is astounding to me. For me and my area though, I think this year is still better snow wise than 11-12 was here. But this year still sucks big time no doubt..the frustration level this year is certainly unrivaled IMO.

In 11-12 I had about 17 inches for the season. That had the October bomb which was such an event, and then we had the one 6 incher in January that season, and that was it for that year here. Then it got summertime warm in February and that was the end of that winter.

This season is certainly more snowy than that one was for me (28.25" to date so far this year), but this one is certainly worse everywhere in NE ( outside of N Maine) which is astounding to me. For me and my area though, I think this year is still better snow wise than 11-12 was here. But this year still sucks big time no doubt..the frustration level this year is certainly unrivaled IMO.

Yeah CT up to say BOS probably was better this season, as the big blizzard leftovers and a couple other storms got some areas even near average, but that's what happens when you have a low annual average and can catch a couple breaks.

From BED-ORH-CEF-POU and northward, this will be worse than 11/12.

This one gets an A+ in futility.  2011/12 had the crazy October snow which resulted in 10 days with no power.  Did not need any more during that season to move that one into the top 10 for impact.

Only time I mowed the lawn one day and then used the snowblower to clear the cut grass off the driveway the next day.

Did the same thing here I remember thinking we would have rain before the snow started when I looked out and saw flakes falling I knew it was going to be a memorable night without any sleep

This one gets an A+ in futility. 2011/12 had the crazy October snow which resulted in 10 days with no power. Did not need any more during that season to move that one into the top 10 for impact.

Only time I mowed the lawn one day and then used the snowblower to clear the cut grass off the driveway the next day.

Yeah CT up to say BOS probably was better this season, as the big blizzard leftovers and a couple other storms got some areas even near average, but that's what happens when you have a low annual average and can catch a couple breaks.

From BED-ORH-CEF-POU and northward, this will be worse than 11/12.

Well I'm not near average...I'm still 20 inches below average.. So this season still sucks like I said, but better in the snow department by about 10 inches than 11-12 here.

Outside of the blizzard the entire eastern seaboard had a disaster winter. I'm at 32" down here in PA, with 26" in that storm alone. It's been awful outside of those two days

Hi Anthony! Interestingly, I stopped in Collegeville on my way back home from documenting the February 8th blizzard in Plymouth and Marshfield, MA. I took the opportunity to film giant flakes coming down at the city park where I measured more than 2" in about 50 minutes. To your point though, that band may have only delivered around 3.5" in total on the 9th. It was intense while it lasted, nonetheless.

post-6681-0-31787800-1456723413_thumb.pn

Hi Anthony! Interestingly, I stopped in Collegeville on my way back home from documenting the February 8th blizzard in Plymouth and Marshfield, MA. I took the opportunity to film giant flakes coming down at the city park where I measured more than 2" in about 50 minutes. To your point though, that band may have only delivered around 3.5" in total on the 9th. It was intense while it lasted, nonetheless.

It all came down in that quick burst... was snowing for most of the day but not accumulating. Was only when sun went down and intensity picked up that it really started to accumulate. Then by 7-8 PM it was basically done. 

Its nobody's fault.

Scott and Will are great mets, and everything that they said was true.

It happens.

This just had 2010 written all over it to me, so I bailed.

I honestly thought we could grab another event with this pattern. We still might get a hill town blue

bomb or something that isn't modeled well until a few days out, but just a lousy set of circumstances to prevent anything wintry around here.

Although, I suppose it's too early to write off "something" for end of this week.

I honestly thought we could grab another event with this pattern. We still might get a hill town blue

bomb or something that isn't modeled well until a few days out, but just a lousy set of circumstances to prevent anything wintry around here.

Although, I suppose it's too early to write off "something" for end of this week.

Or, something later on period.  Considering that it's only 2/29, you never know what March, April or even early May will bring.  Just enjoy the weather that you have...it's the only weather that you have.

Archived