• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

Or, something later on period.  Considering that it's only 2/29, you never know what March, April or even early May will bring.  Just enjoy the weather that you have...it's the only weather that you have.

Yeah I hinted at that earlier. They'll always be a chance, but the writing is on the wall for the season after this weekend.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all came down in that quick burst... was snowing for most of the day but not accumulating. Was only when sun went down and intensity picked up that it really started to accumulate. Then by 7-8 PM it was basically done.

What blizzard is that guy talking about? Is he talking about last year? Because there wasn't any blizzard on Feb 8 this year in SNE. We did have a snow event that day here, but it was hardly a blizzard lol..I got just under 6 inches in that system. I wish he would have said the year he was speaking of..unless he thinks that system on Feb 8th this year was a blizzard??? lol.

What blizzard is that guy talking about? Is he talking about last year? Because there wasn't any blizzard on Feb 8 this year in SNE. We did have a snow event that day here, but it was hardly a blizzard lol..I got just under 6 inches in that system. I wish he would have said the year he was speaking of..unless he thinks that system on Feb 8th this year was a blizzard??? lol.

He went to coastal Eastern Ma, which was blizzard warned I believe, and may have verified.

If it didn't verify blizzard in CT, I guess it didn't happen anywhere in New England????

He went to coastal Eastern Ma, which was blizzard warned I believe, and may have verified.

If it didn't verify blizzard in CT, I guess it didn't happen anywhere in New England????

Oh ok. That's right, they did have a blizzard warning, but even that was kind of weak sauce. But nevertheless, I stand corrected on that.

And no need to be snarky, I'm well aware of weather outside of CT. I just didn't remember due to it being a sub-par event as far as new england blizzards go.

Oh ok. That's right, they did have a blizzard warning, but even that was kind of weak sauce. But nevertheless, I stand corrected on that.

And no need to be snarky, I'm well aware of weather outside of CT. I just didn't remember due to it being a sub-par event as far as new england blizzards go.

It wouldn't have been weak sauce if it occurred over your head. There was a 4-6hour window where the Cape had near 0SM vis and wind gusting over 40kt.

Not being snarky...like dendrite alluded to, people view events as a whole by how they perform in their backyard,which doesn't always lead to an accurate assessment.

I don't doubt it was meh in your backyard..... But it was pretty high impact in a good portion of the area

Not being snarky...like dendrite alluded to, people view events as a whole by how they perform in their backyard,which doesn't always lead to an accurate assessment.

I don't doubt it was meh in your backyard..... But it was pretty high impact in a good portion of the area

I believe all the stations on CC/Islands verified Blizzard as well as PYM/GHG in Plymouth County.  Must have been MEH.  

I'll bet you get 11" this go around.

We all get that you've checked out, but please don't harass any poster who acknowledges that this could adjust west a couple hundred miles given that it is 120 hours out. We've actually seen it happen several times this year. The fact that there is a good likelihood for disappointment doesn't mean that it isn't still worth it to watch until we get a little closer, and some of us are still emotionally capable of handling an unfavorable outcome.

I honestly thought we could grab another event with this pattern. We still might get a hill town blue

bomb or something that isn't modeled well until a few days out, but just a lousy set of circumstances to prevent anything wintry around here.

Although, I suppose it's too early to write off "something" for end of this week.

You were right.

It should of...I just had a bad feeling.

Hi WW! Was definitely referring to the February 8th blizzard of this year. In my post, I stated that I had traveled to the SNE coastal areas of Plymouth and Marshfield, respectively, to document the event.

As someone who has now documented the last 5 East Coast blizzards (3/26/14, 1/27/15, 2/14/15, 1/22-23/16, and 2/8/16), I can assure you that I have a fairly good understanding of what a genuine NE blizzard looks like (albeit not the experience of many on this board). I'm certainly not suggesting that the 2/8/16 blizzard was a repeat of 2/8/78...but it also wasn't remotely close to a "weak sauce" event for the SNE coastline from Marshfield SEwd to Cape Cod. In fact, blizzard conditions verified all throughout this area. It was a fairly short duration blizzard that was only accompanied by 8-11" snowfall totals, but it was intense while it lasted...especially at Plymouth harbor where I filmed this storm, and out on the Cape! Moreover, there was major storm surge flooding in Marshfield following the late morning high tide that engulfed some homes, businesses, and vehicles.

Have all of this documented on tape that I will eventually get around to posting online in the near future. Might try to at least post a short clip of "raw footage" by this weekend, to share what it was like in the aforementioned areas.

Being that blizzard conditions weren't experienced in your locale and seeing that my home location is in SE NC, I could see where you might've presumed I didn't know what a true SNE blizzard looks like.

post-6681-0-12603100-1456761098_thumb.pn

any snow this year felt like a blizzard to me lol. 

Archived