Newest Member
    Toothache
Model Mezzanine - 3rd times a charm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Science doesn't explain everything.

Last season we got every break, this season everyone has gotten us.

Truth. I have no room to be as upset as the posters to my north but the way this winter ended has left a bad taste in my mouth. I thought along with everyone else we would have some chances in Feb but everything that could go wrong went wrong.

I really have enjoyed your posts since you got off the train. You have a way to express the way everyone is feeling. Lol

Man just north of Montreal up through the northern side of the St Lawrence River valley gets clobbered again on the Euro.  

Southern and central Quebec are getting our epic second half of the season.  Every storm lately has been just crushing them.  They've got like 6" coming tonight and then another 5-10" on Wednesday, after getting pasted in the past 3 cutters.

Man just north of Montreal up through the northern side of the St Lawrence River valley gets clobbered again on the Euro.  

Southern and central Quebec are getting our epic second half of the season.  Every storm lately has been just crushing them.  They've got like 6" coming tonight and then another 5-10" on Wednesday, after getting pasted in the past 3 cutters.

has to be some two to three feet depths on the level in those areas, they will get nailed again with good cold thereafer

Yeah, They have been right in the cross hairs on all these

post-1154-0-12411000-1456685523_thumb.pn

Ask the folks in Chicago how they feel about last week's gfs blizzard for them. Ask the folks in NC right now. If the gfs even develops a weak closed contour of a low, the gfs caved to the euro in their eyes. Gotta take off the imby glasses.

Yep. Plus the system is still 6 days out, it will change. But for New England impacts, life support is an appropriate description.

Yeah, They have been right in the cross hairs on all these

ssm_depth.2016022800.0.800.450._13195.6510._12386.7950.dem.shading.ilm.m.1.0.0.0.0.0.png

Yeah that map sums it up perfectly. And they've got another 10-18" coming in the next 4 days.

So close yet so far. That sweet spot ends up 200 miles further south and it's game on in NNE right now with 3 feet on the ground.

This is a year where a -NAO would've buried us.

Ask the folks in Chicago how they feel about last week's gfs blizzard for them. Ask the folks in NC right now. If the gfs even develops a weak closed contour of a low, the gfs caved to the euro in their eyes. Gotta take off the imby glasses.

The lack of cold air is mostly what killed that event but the models did miserably on that, especially in St. Louis where the RGEM and Euro showed 8 inches the night before and they got hardly anything

Archived