SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and you'd rail against them if they went snow and took it away.

Fact is that model consensus didn't occur with this until late in the game. It happens, enjoy your advisory.

I don't know how you can stick up for that. It's not doing the public any service by going from 0 to 6 inches on probability maps. It's one thing if you follow the wx..but the main population that goes on NWS sites is the general public looking for quick info. It's nothing against you or anyone else..but something has to change

I don't know how you can stick up for that. It's not doing the public any service by going from 0 to 6 inches on probability maps. It's one thing if you follow the wx..but the main population that goes on NWS sites is the general public looking for quick info. It's nothing against you or anyone else..but something has to change

You're mad and you're not going to take it anymore.

Most likely map shows snow, I'm not worried about it. It says experimental for a reason man.

You and I and the weenies know that..But how about the other 95% of the people going on there?

Anyway..I'll enjoy my 7-10 and you enjoy your 3-6

and your call for here is...?

As it stands I do think we actually get some accumulation in Greenfield (where I-91 meets Rt 2, for those who don't know).

I think 2" might be a possibility.

Their map has me at 3" with more to my NW. I dunno. BTV WRF starts me as snow.

I don't know what to tell you, clearly you're unhappy with how much snow they are forecasting.

Seems like they thinking higher terrain locations flip first in addition to heavier QPF areas farther east.

that is because of forecasts like this....

Tonight
A slight chance of snow after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 29. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%

Agreed, told my co-workers about tomorrow, and none of them believe me quoting this forecast:

Friday 02/05 100% / 1-3 in

Cloudy with rain and snow in the morning, becoming all snow in the afternoon. High 36F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

They were all shocked when they heard even 3-6"

Archived