Newest Member
    joxey
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not convinced it doesn't

At this point neither am I...this system has had one of the most impressive short term trends on the models in a while...from a usually ugly setup, but everything has trended better including the vortmax which has gotten very strong.

At this point neither am I...this system has had one of the most impressive short term trends on the models in a while...from a usually ugly setup, but everything has trended better including the vortmax which has gotten very strong.

One of those SREF members will probably give PF warning criteria.

I'm not convinced it doesn't

actually ...can't say so either myself..

I wrote about the science of the thing earlier; to paraphrase, i don't like the strength of that v-max particularly when it's slicing up west of the boundary like that.  It should cause a strong inflow up the interface of the boundary, which already has closing 800 and 700 mb surfaces over-top.  

it's very complicated but that could all just be code for:  bust nws ...

not a knock on them - just sayin'

I just sent an email blast to my whole building... no one expected anything but spring...maybe a dusting

Still thinking 2-4" here... a delayed opening would be nice

Sometimes (if not frequently) it is not about the amounts, it is about when the 2 to 4" falls... if it is during the 5 AM to 9 AM period the cancellation option comes into play quickly for many districts in this day & age ; depending on feedback form police & DPW crews.  I deal with this all the time and the superintendents & bus companies are more skittish than ever about heading in during an ongoing event even if final outcome is going to be somewhat minor... while delays allow school openings to start at about 9 and end at about 10:30, in many districts buses are on the road an hour or so prior to that time?  Given the easygoing pattern so far, would not be shocked by lots of cancelations across CT/RI/eastern MA 

Archived