SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised that there is no compensation for the higher elevations in northern Tolland/Windham Ctys.  I think the valley may have issues.

Yeah - built in ranges should deal with that to some extent. I do think there's an issue on the western fringe with lighter rates and marginal boundary layer so our gradient is a bit tighter than it otherwise would be. 

Yeah - built in ranges should deal with that to some extent. I do think there's an issue on the western fringe with lighter rates and marginal boundary layer so our gradient is a bit tighter than it otherwise would be. 

The ranges look fine...I just think a place like Enfield is going to be closer to the 1-3" range and Union/Woodstock closer to the 6-9" range.  I can't speak for other places - just my gut feeling on the local area.  FWIW, a 2" range might better exemplify the tight gradient on the western edge.

There could be a crazy band in there somewhere...the way this is trending, you're going to have probably a nice stripe of -EPV as Tip mentioned and overlaid on the fronto....so don't be shocked to get a really intense band for a time.

Yeah. That thermal ribbon is a classic recipe for -EPV.

You guys will be fine. I don't see only 2" of slush.

My (very) unprofessional assessment is probably off and maybe I shouldn't be focusing on the dew point for this type of event - but when I see a dew point in the upper 30's and not budging (except for one nudge up) that has a history of not always boding well for much snow down this way.

But then again - my meteorological 'education' ends at watching John Ghiorse on channel 10 for 30 years and living next to the ocean for 50!

The ranges look fine...I just think a place like Enfield is going to be closer to the 1-3" range and Union/Woodstock closer to the 6-9" range. I can't speak for other places - just my gut feeling on the local area. FWIW, a 2" range might better exemplify the tight gradient on the western edge.

If Enfield gets the banding that most models are showing, it's 3-6 as we WETBULB down to freezing. If the rates aren't there than yes 1-3.

Archived