joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well what changes based on a WSW being issued now or at 4? It's going to snow, and accumulate either way. Seriously, I'm curious.

I am guessing they might reschedule if a warning comes out. I have to decide by 5 for advanced security systems programming since we are closed tomorrow. I alone will make that decision after the Euro

Some i guess need the reassurance, Most should already know what the answer will be

you would be surprised when phone alerts go off the attitude change. I know it's hard for people not involved in large tourist industry to understand. I think a 18 hr warning is about right. I know the politics of local office verification too. Doesn't make a damn difference to me. I have shut the place down on OKX advisory and kept it open on warning but I am not the GP

'the little critters that bite' 

funny ... this event throttled the area back when 5 or 6 days of modeling whence, ...then was flattened to an afterthought at one point for the outer Cape/Islands... 

during which time, most were focusing (way too much for their own mental health at that) neurotically on the 'supposed' big ticket item plausibility with all that train wreck in the late middle range - which still isn't even resolved ....  but all the while, this thing could very well be the big daddy event.   

funny - 

probably not the case but i do enjoy when the weather makes the collective industry look like a confederacy of knee-jerk dunces.

For posterity:

HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA
438 AM EST THU FEB 4 2016

CTZ002>004-MAZ002>016-024-026-RIZ001-003-050945-
HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-
EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA-
WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-
WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA-
SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA-
SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NANTUCKET MA-NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-
NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-
438 AM EST THU FEB 4 2016

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...CENTRAL
MASSACHUSETTS...EASTERN
MASSACHUSETTS...NORTHEASTERN MASSACHUSETTS...SOUTHEASTERN
MASSACHUSETTS...WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND NORTHERN RHODE ISLAND.

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT.

MINOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE POSSIBLE LATE TONIGHT AND FRIDAY
MORNING IN RHODE ISLAND AND PARTS OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

FRIDAY...MINOR SNOW ACCUMULATIONS POSSIBLE FRIDAY MORNING ACROSS
RHODE ISLAND AND PORTIONS OF EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS. THERE IS A LOW
RISK OF HEAVIER SNOW MAKING IT BACK TO BOSTON AND PROVIDENCE...BUT
IT IS MORE LIKELY THAT THE HEAVIER SNOW REMAINS CONFINED TO THE
SOUTHEAST NEW ENGLAND COAST.

MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY...A COASTAL STORM WITH WINTER WEATHER
IMPACTS MAY AFFECT THE REGION BUT CONFIDENCE IN DETAILS AND TIMING
IS LOW.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.

'the little critters that bite' 

funny ... this event throttled the area back when 5 or 6 days of modeling whence, ...then was flattened to an afterthought at one point for the outer Cape/Islands... 

during which time, most were focusing (way too much for their own mental health at that) neurotically on the 'supposed' big ticket item plausibility with all that train wreck in the late middle range - which still isn't even resolved ....  but all the while, this thing could very well be the big daddy event.   

funny - 

probably not the case but i do enjoy when the weather makes the collective industry look like a confederacy of knee-jerk dunces.

I'm totally caught with my drawers down...haven't even mentioned this in my blog.

I'll be scrambling tonight.

I am guessing they might reschedule if a warning comes out. I have to decide by 5 for advanced security systems programming since we are closed tomorrow. I alone will make that decision after the Euro

I have never heard of one person taking specific action based on whether there's a warning issued or whether there's an advisory issued.

you would be surprised when phone alerts go off the attitude change. I know it's hard for people not involved in large tourist industry to understand. I think a 18 hr warning is about right. I know the politics of local office verification too. Doesn't make a damn difference to me. I have shut the place down on OKX advisory and kept it open on warning but I am not the GP

Little different in your case though, The general public only realizes something is going on by local news or alerts, On the other hand, You have to make a call but you have that ability to not having to rely on NWS to react

I have never heard of one person taking specific action based on whether there's a warning issued or whether there's an advisory issued.

When I was forecasting fulltime for DOT clients...they would often call me and say "NWS has an advisory and 3-5"...but is this the type of crap that is gonna stick to the roads right away and be a mess? If so, I'll just tell everyone to come in early so we're prepared"....they would sometimes treat it as a bigger storm if it was cold and things would ramp up quickly...even if it was only like 3 or 4" of snow. It didn't matter if there was an official warning out or not.

Archived