Newest Member
    Toothache
The AnaFront/Coastal Storm Disco 02/05/16

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will a WSW make everyone sleep better?

I mean it's either they do it for the noon news, or you wait until 4. Otherwise you're just doing it for the weenies.

And with the GFS, Euro, and WRFs yet to come, I tend to use this as the time to start shifting your message on social media, etc if you expect the trend to continue. 

Coming from my point of view, it's a lot harder to justify a forecast for 4-8"(Which is where I want to go for eastern CT this afternoon assuming everything through the suite holds) to the public when the NWS is calling for a coating to an inch(Which is what OKX has for New London county last I checked). We'll do it if we think it's the right call whether they agree or not, but it'll make my life a lot easier when dealing with the public's comments if we're all at least in the same galaxy.

Coming from my point of view, it's a lot harder to justify a forecast for 4-8"(Which is where I want to go for eastern CT this afternoon assuming everything through the suite holds) to the public when the NWS is calling for a coating to an inch(Which is what OKX has for New London county last I checked). We'll do it if we think it's the right call whether they agree or not, but it'll make my life a lot easier when dealing with the public's comments if we're all at least in the same galaxy.

Looks like a spot of 4 inches to me based on their mid shift map.

Actually matches BOX's forecast really well, considering the uncertainty.

Will a WSW make everyone sleep better?

No, but that consensus at 6z made issuing one here seem like a no brainer. I'm not in the psycho department that flips out when the NWS doesn't give me a WSW. I just thought it seemed like it was good to go already. Right now half of Boston probably has no idea about tomorrow mornings snow and doesn't believe in it. Remember; it's damn warm out right now. My friends laughed at me on twitter when I said a half foot was coming.

Mid levels shifted a good deal west from 06z. RI to just south of BOS looks like a nice corridor.

BOS gets darn near a foot of snow on that run...they probably waste about 0.25" of QPF on rain or rain/snow mix, but then it goes nuclear for several hours

BOS gets darn near a foot of snow on that run...they probably waste about 0.25" of QPF on rain or rain/snow mix, but then it goes nuclear for several hours

The thing I'm trying to guess at is shut off time.

Need to get a handle on whether to give my team a "work from home" day tomorrow.

I mean it's either they do it for the noon news, or you wait until 4. Otherwise you're just doing it for the weenies.

And with the GFS, Euro, and WRFs yet to come, I tend to use this as the time to start shifting your message on social media, etc if you expect the trend to continue.

well we are giving a private tour to a high end client flying into PVD at 1045 tomorrow so other than weenies there are some decisions that might hinge on NWS headlines

Archived