• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 22-24 blizzard obs, tracking, nowcasting #2

Ian

Looks like the banding N and W is working out. Dryslot as usual ruins the party for some, hinted at lower H7-H5 RH. That dryskot alos enhances S+ on the frontogenic side of it. That should all collapse eastward this morning I think.

Scott,  employing the classic phrase "How much for Philly?"  Does that banding collapse east in ne maryland, n delaware and extreme se pa?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There some nice winds every now and then but, yeah, I've seen nothing close to 46. Any reports of thundersnow? I was worried when I finally gave up the ghost last night that I'd miss that but there doesn't seem to have been much, if any.

My weather station picked up 44mph NE wind gusts about 6 hours ago. But it's now sitting around 20-25mph NE winds.

It's located about 15' off the Chesapeake Bay around 100 feet from shore with a completely unobstructed 40+ mile fetch from the NE.

post-11896-0-20427700-1453556167_thumb.p

(times in gmt)

My weather station picked up 44mph NE wind gusts about 6 hours ago. But it's now sitting around 20-25mph NE winds.

It's located about 15' off the Chesapeake Bay around 100 feet from shore with a completely unobstructed 40+ mile fetch from the NE.

daywind.png

(times in gmt)

Apologies for quick banter, what model weather station do you have and is it out on a pier?

We're looking at getting a station, mainly for the wind gusts coming in from the Bay.

Thanks!

Archived