joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great map as always Ewood. Makes complete sense given all data today. And a special thanks for graciously placing my yard in 24"+

Only makes sense since we share backyards now. :P

Great map Mark. Love the call across the board. And thanks for going 2'+ in Germantown while I work during the storm haha

I will be stuck in my office in Germantown through most of the event (two shifts), so here's hoping.

Based on 15z SREF:

Ends at 06z 1/24

DCA: 38.68 inch max Mean of 16.08 inches

IAD: 40.96 inch max Mean of 17.4 inches

BWI: 34.87 inch max with Mean of 14.24 inches

If you check the 3 hr snowfall, there are some outlandish solutions.... member MPB1 had a 3 hr period of 9.34" at KIAD at 09z... a lot of 15z SREF members have 2"+ hr rates

am I looking at the same SREF, they looked kinda dryer/south compared to the last run to me.  But the sref kinda suck bad so I didnt examine them that much just a glance. 

Call it a gut, but it seems maybe the models have/will start to back down on the notion that it's a long stall off the coast. Lots of stuff moving around between the Pacific and the east coast. Hence, I'll be pretty surprised if the 2.25" or more qpf totals verify in central MD or DC.

Looked at the 12Z Saturday sounding for DC and it showed an even better unstable layer than the NAM. I'll be surprised it someone does not hear thunder in the area Saturday morning

We're pulling for the giddy wes +tssn report.

Archived