joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #3 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see how low DCA can come in during an event that is so intense that any UHI effect would be totally mixed out.

If you think heat leakage from some buildings and the Potomac River can overwhelm 1-2"ph and 25-35mph winds then I got some swampland for ya.

Seeing as DCA somehow recorded .3" out of the Sunday event, maybe there is a new sheriff in town.

Others would know better, but I think it has to do with location. The airport is essentially on an island of sorts out on the Potomac. I won't even get into the speculation/conspiracy theories on their measurements (which I've seen)...some perhaps warranted, some not.

The Potomac is largely frozen over down to the 14th St. bridge now. After another cold night tonight, Open water surrounding the airport may no longer be an issue.

This run really puts Richmond into the game for some of the bigger totals. Key will be missing the dry slot, but overall these have been great trends for those of us down here. Reminder: last snow over a foot at RIC? Feb 1983. Trying to break a 33 year drought

Archived