joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the western part of Staten Island picked up 3" on 2/5/10..there have been many storms in the past that buried northern Va. but NYC only got 6-10"...January 1922...28" in DC and only 6-7" in NYC...PD storm I in 1979...Brooklyn picked up 10" while DC had much more...January 1966 also...last year we had no up stream blocking so the January storm developed to far east for NYC...This year the ao/nao are negative but are forecast to rise...I'm still expecting some snow Saturday...I hope it's SOME snow...

I measured just over 2" at my house. 

For hours and hours, the sky just south of the beach was dark and the death band sat literally a few miles offshore. 

I don't mind still mourning that event-it's by far the worst shafting I've been a part of. Worse than March 2001. At least the whole area had a moderate snow event from that, and some areas in Suffolk County much more. 

No dude in Central NJ we got a thin coating of ice from sleet that was all in 01, I had 3-4 inches Feb 6. Both were busts, but we were never in the bullseye in 2010, as we have not been with this one...

From worries of a whiff to some mixing problems lol though the only mixing issues would be in your typical regions (eastern LI, Jersey shore).

The gfs implies a ferocious, historic storm when you factor in widespread 55-65mph gusts well inland and major coastal flooding. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out to be that crazy because that'd be a nightmare for those right along the coast.

Archived