joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So DT posted on Twitter about 15 mins ago that the Euro is king and the GFS & GEFS caved into it??

Lol, it's looking like the exact opposite actually. Even if you take QPF out of the equation, 12z Euro and 0z GFS are not similar in any way at H5 and H7. Euro at 0z is much better than the 12z for NY/NJ/PA/CT and taking a jump towards all the other 0z guidance from this evening save maybe the UKMET and NOGAPS/NAVGEM. It's just a bit slower than everything else but that's a known bias at this range for the Euro. H5 is a little south of other guidance for sure but that is certainly not set in stone and it bumped north from 12z.

@DTVaWeatherman: @LeeGoldbergABC7 0z GEFS Has 6 to 8 inches : in NYC

@DTVaWeatherman: @LeeGoldbergABC7 that is bull**** 0z wed has 7" for NYC 2" for Bos ...

@LeeGoldbergABC7: Timing differences, but both models depict a major snowstorm for NYC. We'll issue a snow total map later today. http://twitter.com/LeeGoldbergABC7/status/689706547576963072/photo/1

6Z was interesting. It dipped to Columbia, SC at 66 before heading N towards OBX at 78.  Low is 150 miles SE of ACY with a High over Nova Scotia at 90. Low stage rights 500 miles east of OBX at 114. 

Keeping my storm posts in here because someone better will post in the storm thread. 

How wonderful that the major of the area celebrates a huge blizzard while we NW folks sit and watch. Just like we sat and watched New England last year, though it snowed frequently but much less.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not clear at all NYC is getting a major blizzard....sounds like mixing and latest models are not all the impressive from what I see here....a decent snow is on the table at this point...

Archived