joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmmm maybe just the south fork then. If I remember correctly you did dry slot for a time

Yes! Dry slot I was going to mention! Go to my weather underground station and double check.I'm pretty certain I was up to 31 that's it... Yes yes I do remember now, I was home from school and it basically stopped snowing... I hated that storm

Confluence brother.. You can clearly see it trying to redevelop another low at Hr 78. Some places in our area are gonna have 6" while a quick 20 min drive north will have a dusting. Craziness

We watched an epic 2" an hour snow band sit just a few miles offshore during 2/5-6/10. About as heart breaking as you can get

I think if this storm destroys DC and give NYC a decent storm but totally shafts Boston it's pay back for last winter

We watched an epic 2" an hour snow band sit just a few miles offshore during 2/5-6/10. About as heart breaking as you can get

I think if this storm destroys DC and give NYC a decent storm but totally shafts Boston it's pay back for last winter

Might add well add Eastern long island to lol we killed it last winter

I don't know where this belongs, so I'll put it in banter: the Feb 2010 storm that everyone alludes to actually moved a bit more north with its heavy precipitation than forecasted. Southern/Central NJ and Philly did very well. Just goes to show that south of the sharp cutoff - if there is one here - could overperform as well

I don't know where this belongs, so I'll put it in banter: the Feb 2010 storm that everyone alludes to actually moved a bit more north with its heavy precipitation than forecasted. Southern/Central NJ and Philly did very well. Just goes to show that south of the sharp cutoff - if there is one here - could overperform as well

Went to bed with a warning for 4-8" and ended up without a single flake.

Lol, that's such an overgeneralization.

They do well in some coastals and go to rain in others.

What world do you live in? In the last 15 years, LI has gotten buried. Many areas are close to 40" average.

I'm not talking about ancient history in the 80s and 90s.

You're on LI as well. Add up the last 15yrs and tell me your 15yr average.

And if the system ends up stalling near the Delmarva they will have major mixing issues, especially over Eastern Suffolk.

The far majority of people live from Port Jefferson and west.

And even with a stall and changeover, they would still catch more of the CCB as the low departs.

The far majority of people live from Port Jefferson and west.

And even with a stall and changeover, they would still catch more of the CCB as the low departs.

If the system materialized like some of the stronger guidance would indicate then totals for this storm would be pretty uniform across the board. Of course localized jackpots would be possible under the strongest banding.

I'm also sure you would find a way to say that Queens somehow got the most.

Archived