Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Queens received 12" for that storm.

If 12" is whiffed, you need help.

NYC received 9"-12" as well.

First, why are you posting that in the main thread?

Secondly, others further West weren't that fortunate. I didn't even get a dusting and was well within the 24-36" NWS forecast graphic the morning of. Even as the sun went down and it became clear what was going to happen, the NWS kept my area in the 6-12" range. For me it was worse than March 01'.

I barely even saw a flake.

Screen-Shot-2015-01-25-at-6.35.07-PM.png

Secondly, others further West weren't that fortunate. I didn't even get a dusting and was well within the 24-36" NWS forecast graphic the morning of. Even as the sun went down and it became clear what was going to happen, the NWS kept my area in the 6-12" range. For me it was worse than March 01'.

The poster I replied to is from Manhattan. Manhattan had at least 9" and Queens had 11"-14".

Screen-Shot-2015-01-25-at-6.35.07-PM.png

Brutal!!

I can't complain personally as we still did pretty well out here on LI,

I asked earlier, but my question got buried rather quickly (not a bad thing, of course ;-) ), but can anyone provide a short synopsis of what went wrong with that storm from a meteorological perspective?  Did we have a "what went wrong" thread for it?  If so, can someone link to it?

Lol someone help me understand this forecast....

Saturday says Snow before 5pm then rain snow

Saturday night says snow before 8 pm then rain snow...

Seems wrong lol

Saturday

Snow before 5pm, then rain and snow. High near 35. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night

Snow likely before 8pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Dude it's not all about NYC. Lol. Major bust west of there. Recorded 3" here, and most of that came from that sneaky initial band. The 8" in EWR was most likely high as well.

I was responding specifically to the Manhattan poster who was complaining.

Anyone west of KNYC has full right to complain.

Archived