• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

Not clear at all NYC is getting a major blizzard....sounds like mixing and latest models are not all the impressive from what I see here....a decent snow is on the table at this point...

Very bad analysis my neighbor even for banter. If your not impressed with the latest gfs or gem both showing a18-22" I'm not sure what will impress you.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with snowski that right now 6-12" would be a good forecast for nyc, actually prob 8-12" only because I always thought 6-12 had too big a spread and forecasters can adjust up or down as we get closer.

This is agin a very fluid situation. Almost all models agree we see a very strong closed off h5 low. The question is how is the confluence after 78 hours and where does it go. These will be the difference in seeing 8" or 20" for our area

Why does DT keep saying the Euro only showed 6-7 inches for nyc/philly while the weenies here say it was over a foot

It depends on which map you use and also if it keeps everything as snow and where. It def raised qpf substantially for the whole subforum. Not to worry we still look forward to your light snow observation while the Ccb cranks over your head. I kid I kid

I agree with snowski that right now 6-12" would be a good forecast for nyc, actually prob 8-12" only because I always thought 6-12 had too big a spread and forecasters can adjust up or down as we get closer.

This is agin a very fluid situation. Almost all models agree we see a very strong closed off h5 low. The question is how is the confluence after 78 hours and where does it go. These will be the difference in seeing 8" or 20" for our area

6-12 is def a good call at this point.  Need to get through12z before any upward adjustment (dont even want to think about lowering the call!).

Why put out a map that goes to just 8am...that just confuses people who dont read the timestamp...make a map call for the full duration

It's a 72 hour product. Always has been. It's not there to satisfy our weenie cravings.

Was weird when last night's went to 7pm Saturday, which was a 96 hour forecast at that time.

And omg, can people stop being captain obvious? I'm so glad I'm not a mod anymore. Holy crap.

It's a 72 hour product. Always has been. It's not there to satisfy our weenie cravings.

Was weird when last night's went to 7pm Saturday, which was a 96 hour forecast at that time.

And omg, can people stop being captain obvious? I'm so glad I'm not a mod anymore. Holy crap.

In the mods defense I didn't notice the time stamp at the bottom only extending until Saturday morning. Didn't have my coffee yet and I apologize lol

In the mods defense I didn't notice the time stamp at the bottom only extending until Saturday morning. Didn't have my coffee yet and I apologize lol

Dude, the two halves of my post were unrelated.

My "omg" rant had nothing to do with you, at all. :)

I won't say who it was mostly directed at because my momma always told me if I don't have something nice to say....

Yessir! I lurk more than I post, but I've also been addicted to this enterprise for over a decade. Glad to see others sticking with it as well! Nowadays, you have to do quite a bit of sifting, but there are definitely some intelligent people here from whom you can learn a ton!

Yeah, I've learned a lot over the last dozen years.

The most important thing for me was finding that I'm not as crazy as I thought and that there are other insane people who love weather.

After Bill Evans and TriState, I found WWBB, which really changed the game for me. That led me to Eastern, which was just becoming popular.

And then I'm proud to say I was part of the team that helped create this site from that one.

Was a crazy time.

Archived