joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always wondered what a good storm would be like in a high rise.  Imagine snow at your place and rain on the ground too.

I could not imagine being in one of those supertall high rises 1000 feet up. But my building is a pre-war building, so plenty of ill-fitting windows and doors that whistle and rattle like mad in the wind. It's going to be like being in a ship at sea. Without the rocking.

I'm sure your familiar with the east end... Lol greenport,has a forecast of all snow,temp of 34, no mixing. Orient high of 35 mixing, lol

Talk about crazy forecast by Nws.

I think riverhead east has a high likely hood of at least switching to sleet if not rain. Water temps are 5 degrees above normal and there will be ENE winds for a time out there.

Also you will have wet snow which will cake to trees and power lines add in the strongest winds in our region (gust to 60+) and there coup be widespread power outages out there

Looking at the archive,I had a blizzard warning for 8-16 inches. I remember plowing in that storm

That's way less then the 30" amounts in jersey and I had 22" in wantagh. So you definitely were mixing in that storm

Regardless when you add all the effects out there you're going to have the highest impact in our region.

Wind, power outages, costal flooding and erosion

That's way less then the 30" amounts in jersey and I had 22" in wantagh. So you definitely were mixing in that storm

Regardless when you add all the effects out there you're going to have the highest impact in our region.

Wind, power outages, costal flooding and erosion

Well, the low was way Way closer to me. Crap,my weather station will tell me what happened that storm!

Point was the original totals Nws had out this way had to be raised several times. Lemme see what temperatures were produced here. Be interesting to get a perspective.

Unfortunately I'll have to admit, it's looking less likely that we see anything decent up this far..... Baring a complete reversal in all model guidance... And a 50-100 mile shift northwest, were out of luck at this point, and living on prayers

Maybe your back yard is out of luck but not mine in Sayreville.....smh

Unfortunately I'll have to admit, it's looking less likely that we see anything decent up this far..... Baring a complete reversal in all model guidance... And a 50-100 mile shift northwest, were out of luck at this point, and living on prayers

We are gonna need a good 100 mile shift north with everything. Otherwise its an advisory level event for some of us and less for others.

Archived