Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or you could enjoy what happens from this point forward for more than just a final number in a computer database

I know what you're saying and will appreciate it if we get some winter. However, as has been said by us NNE'rs ad nauseum, everything about this winter has been a failure. I've lived up here since I was 7 and have never seen it this bad. Anyway, since we were tossing around the football analogy, I think my description holds. As a Miami Dolphins fan, I am used to trailing by 42-10 entering the 4th quarter. It is always hard to enjoy seeing them score 3 touchdowns against the third string defense only to lose by the deceptively close score of 42-31.

Lake Placid looked like late April this weekend.  There's no snow up there.  It's incredible.

Here in the Albany area we haven't had a single snowstorm all winter.  Just a few lake effect snow showers and a sleet storm that turned to rain.  Sure the season snow total is 8" or so but it still feels like we're stuck at zero.  We really never started winter.  A worse snow winter is almost impossible.

I know what you're saying and will appreciate it if we get some winter. However, as has been said by us NNE'rs ad nauseum, everything about this winter has been a failure. I've lived up here since I was 7 and have never seen it this bad. Anyway, since we were tossing around the football analogy, I think my description holds. As a Miami Dolphins fan, I am used to trailing by 42-10 entering the 4th quarter. It is always hard to enjoy seeing them score 3 touchdowns against the third string defense only to lose by the deceptively close score of 42-31.

totally understand with it being so bad so long especially for the snowmobiling cross country peeps,you know it's bad when pics of side of the trail at 3000 ft faceshots is all we can muster up. Jay peak had some nice glades pics up so a good day up there but again 2500 ft

One of our neighbors went away to Florida this week. We are not really close to them but one of their sons is in Scouts with our son and they are nice folks. They had a baseboard heater pipe burst due to last weekend's cold then thaw. Thousands of gallons of water destroyed walls, ceilings, appliances, their furnace. They had 5 feet of water in their basement. They stayed in Florida for longer so insurance could set them up with a trailer, etc. we are starting to help them by laundering some of their kids clothes but what a disaster

One of our neighbors went away to Florida this week. We are not really close to them but one of their sons is in Scouts with our son and they are nice folks. They had a baseboard heater pipe burst due to last weekend's cold then thaw. Thousands of gallons of water destroyed walls, ceilings, appliances, their furnace. They had 5 feet of water in their basement. They stayed in Florida for longer so insurance could set them up with a trailer, etc. we are starting to help them by laundering some of their kids clothes but what a disaster

I was mad texting friends and family Saturday urging them crank their heat during Sat before that front came and to drip water pretty good. Some did not listen and paid the price. I learned my lesson in 94 with an outside faucet line,thankfully had a shutoff up line. Respect the -30 850 with sustained 35. I had my building pressure at work more positive than its ever been and it worked. Nothing froze. I read the stories of all the restaurants in Boston shutdown because of broken fire sprinkler systems.

I guess they had the heat on but maybe with no one in the house air didn't circulate enough? We have pretty much identical houses (same builder) and have been lucky. But we cranked the heat and dripped faucets. Opened cabinets etc.

Them being away was the big issue too. I guess it was water coming out of a door that alerted a passer by

totally understand with it being so bad so long especially for the snowmobiling cross country peeps,you know it's bad when pics of side of the trail at 3000 ft faceshots is all we can muster up. Jay peak had some nice glades pics up so a good day up there but again 2500 ft

Yup. Nice to see Ginxy acknowledging a true crappy winter.

That reminds me of a house I was to appraise in Ayer a few years ago, it was vacant on lockbox so the realtor gave me the code. I walked through the house then opened the basement door and took two steps and stepped in water. The same thing you described happened, the basement had 5 feet of water. It was during a cold spell like we recently had.

Lake Placid looked like late April this weekend. There's no snow up there. It's incredible.

Here in the Albany area we haven't had a single snowstorm all winter. Just a few lake effect snow showers and a sleet storm that turned to rain. Sure the season snow total is 8" or so but it still feels like we're stuck at zero. We really never started winter. A worse snow winter is almost impossible.

I agree, it would be quite a feat for your area or WNE to ever get a worse winter than this. (at least so far)

Archived