Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally not surprising

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/dining/breakfast-cereal.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

The dream of all these companies is to capture the all-powerful and elusive millennial eater, who just isn’t all that into cereal for breakfast. It’s just too much work, for one thing. Almost 40 percent of the millennials surveyed by Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.

Wtf? The epitome of sloth and laziness, and these people are raising children, perpetuating the cycle...our future is doomed

Totally not surprising

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/24/dining/breakfast-cereal.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

The dream of all these companies is to capture the all-powerful and elusive millennial eater, who just isn’t all that into cereal for breakfast. It’s just too much work, for one thing. Almost 40 percent of the millennials surveyed by Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it.

That is pretty f*cking sad and pathetic all at once, but I suppose the reason that all of those cereal bars exist.

not surprising at all

Wtf? The epitome of sloth and laziness, and these people are raising children, perpetuating the cycle...our future is doomed

and some of these parents are nuts-they accommodate their child's every want and desire-it's pretty gross.

Did you guys read the entire article?  There is a lot more to cereal's slide than that one line.  "They either don’t eat breakfast at all, or eat it somewhere other than home. And when they do eat breakfast, a bowl of cold cereal is often replaced by hot grains, smoothies, yogurt or breakfast sandwiches." That seems to say more about it than anything else.  Personally, I've always thought cereal sucks.  Cold, soggy pieces of cardboard swimming in sugar milk, no thanks.  Maybe they should make their product more appetizing and appealing, like the healthier cereal options that are selling well?

Did you guys read the entire article?  There is a lot more to cereal's slide than that one line.  "They either don’t eat breakfast at all, or eat it somewhere other than home. And when they do eat breakfast, a bowl of cold cereal is often replaced by hot grains, smoothies, yogurt or breakfast sandwiches." That seems to say more about it than anything else.  Personally, I've always thought cereal sucks.  Cold, soggy pieces of cardboard swimming in sugar milk, no thanks.  Maybe they should make their product more appetizing and appealing, like the healthier cereal options that are selling well?

Talkin bout Forky's generation, its his generation

"Almost 40 percent of the millennials surveyed by Mintel for its 2015 report said cereal was an inconvenient breakfast choice because they had to clean up after eating it."

I don't know why I don't eat more cereal. I really do enjoy it.  It is not a time thing either.  I pretty much eat a toasted bagel at home almost every single breakfast.  Not really healthy and time consuming.  Not sure why I always eat that...

I need to go buy me some Quisp

I like Raisin bran sometimes and I take the time to wash my bowl not leave it for Mom, lol

While I agree to some extent, blaming work ethic on parents is pretty much a cop out

There are some tremendously hard working and grounded millenials, just like there are some doofus and lazy Gen Xers and boomers

While I agree to some extent, blaming work ethic on parents is pretty much a cop out

There are some tremendously hard working and grounded millenials, just like there are some doofus and lazy Gen Xers and boomers

would you say 40%?

Archived