• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

For those with a wave fetish (Ginx looking at you), the Eddie Aikau is a go today out in Hawaii.

NW Hawaii buoy reporting 24 foot swell every 17 seconds (read: powerful), translating to 35-45 footers over the reef break. They only hold this tourney when waves are consistently over 30 feet in Waimea Bay (8 times since 1984).

attachicon.gif2016-02-25_16-17-14.png

That's someone catching a wave, and you might be able to see in the top left of the wave a surfer riding over it. Assuming his board is around the average 7 feet in length, that face is every bit of 30+.

Oh I have been watching just don't post about surf much here , mostly snow ski weenies around but have friends who are into it and we text stuff

https://vine.co/v/i6JKhiVVm7j

https://twitter.com/hashtag/EddieWouldGo?src=hash

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Box throwing up some ugly stats on the big 4 this morning most 50+ degree days in met winter goes to 15-16 for all sites and it will be the top 3 warmest winter for all the stations

We have a chance for warmest winter down here depending on how warm we get this weekend

Solid standing presently for second warmest winter for many sites.  Sun and Mon's torch will decide it.

Pretty cool to get that record cold amidst an otherwise torch winter.

Coldest absolute temps in almost 6 decades is pretty impressive. Coldest February temps in over 8 decades. At least at many of the stations down in SNE. I know NNE didn't quite get the core of that shot unless we include maybe central and southern VT to S NH.

It's historically very rare to have such an intense single cold shot in an otherwise overall mild winter.

Coldest absolute temps in almost 6 decades is pretty impressive. Coldest February temps in over 8 decades. At least at many of the stations down in SNE. I know NNE didn't quite get the core of that shot unless we include maybe central and southern VT to S NH.

It's historically very rare to have such an intense single cold shot in an otherwise overall mild winter.

The core was definitely centered SW of NNE. Ensemble anomalies had that pegged for several days leading up to it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that after 3 years of unemployment, and 100's of resumes and applications I have finally landed a job...a good one.  Many of you have known the struggles I faced of trying to get my own business's going during these 3 years, but the money being made was no where near enough to survive.  Such is the nature of where I live and the field of work that I went to school for.  As a licensed architect, there just is not a huge need for my services here.  Trying to sell real estate has been helpful but again, not survivable income.

Hopefully this will be a positive in what was a sea of negative for so long.    

I just wanted to let you guys know that after 3 years of unemployment, and 100's of resumes and applications I have finally landed a job...a good one. Many of you have known the struggles I faced of trying to get my own business's going during these 3 years, but the money being made was no where near enough to survive. Such is the nature of where I live and the field of work that I went to school for. As a licensed architect, there just is not a huge need for my services here. Trying to sell real estate has been helpful but again, not survivable income.

Congrats man. Good for you. I see you deleted your FB account . I'm guessing for fear they'd discover some of those "posts"

I just wanted to let you guys know that after 3 years of unemployment, and 100's of resumes and applications I have finally landed a job...a good one.  Many of you have known the struggles I faced of trying to get my own business's going during these 3 years, but the money being made was no where near enough to survive.  Such is the nature of where I live and the field of work that I went to school for.  As a licensed architect, there just is not a huge need for my services here.  Trying to sell real estate has been helpful but again, not survivable income.

Congrats man! That's really good to hear. Happy for you. 

Congrats man. Good for you. I see you deleted your FB account . I'm guessing for fear they'd discover some of those "posts"

No.  FB is pretty much a festering mess of b.s. and gloating and bragging and other crap that I just don't need to be a part of at this time.  The account is deactivated but not deleted. 

Archived