Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used my snowshoes once - and that was at Acadia ... lol

Have not even taken mine out of the shed.  The 10" here is either hard enough to support boot-clad adults, or (when it warms up) corn snow that would tumble onto the raquets, making their use more cumbersome than going without.

Farmington's nadir for snow is 43" in 1980-81.  Their #2 was 44" the year before, so their 2-year total was a couple inches below their annual average.  They're probably around 41-42" at present, and tomorrow night's useless 2" (meaning, melts soon after measurement - this winter's specialty) might kick this winter into 3rd-from-worst.  Also have a good chance to set the record max for leap-day - only need to top 47 and forecast is low 50s.  Leap-day record min was -20 just 8 years ago, in a slightly different kind of winter.

Have not even taken mine out of the shed. The 10" here is either hard enough to support boot-clad adults...Also have a good chance to set the record max for leap-day - only need to top 47 and forecast is low 50s. Leap-day record min was -20 just 8 years ago, in a slightly different kind of winter.

I can't believe you have 10" snowpack when most of New England is bare ground. You really do have great snow retention. What events is that from?

Yes, March 2008 had some very cold weather. I was in Poughkeepsie working nights outdoors, and it was brutal. Couple of record lows set..

Happy Leap Day! We get an extra torch day this met winter just to add insult to injury.

And to make sure the leap day has a good high temp, we saw a 23F increase in temperature in 1 hour overnight between 3-4am.

Pretty crazy jump for the middle of the night, mixing out that inversion big time.

That's a 1F rise every 2.6 minutes for an hour straight.

12814524_10102457201660040_5087480813072

as much as this winter blows, last winter was way more frustrating being a half hour to forty five minutes away from epicosity

the gap between the haves and have nots is not quite as severe...six to thirty five inches area wide better than 50 to 130

Not even close to this winter, 3 mos of warm temps and bare ground in FEB this winter.......lol

:lol: Dave, you got like 10" less than I did.

I've quite enjoyed N ORH Co. joining the screw club, if only to get Dave's commiserating posts,  since my neighbor Eeyore up in Shelburne checked out over a month ago. 

This will be my first time in Greenfield (8 winters) going into March with virtually no snow otg. 

I've quite enjoyed N ORH Co. joining the screw club, if only to get Dave's commiserating posts, since my neighbor Eeyore up in Shelburne checked out over a month ago.

This will be my first time in Greenfield (8 winters) going into March with virtually no snow otg.

Our was gone days ago. I don't recall a Feb like this. Even 2012 had some on the ground

I've quite enjoyed N ORH Co. joining the screw club, if only to get Dave's commiserating posts, since my neighbor Eeyore up in Shelburne checked out over a month ago.

Yeah funny how he checked out. Now he can be poolside with his coffee by Easter.

Our was gone days ago. I don't recall a Feb like this. Even 2012 had some on the ground

I'll have to back and look at 2012 but despite being awful, with more than a third of our season snow coming in Oct of 2011,

we still had snow otg heading into the march torch that year. 

This year has been surreal in it's awfulness.

Maybe I can pull of 1" of sn/pl tomorrow night to get me over 15".  lol

Archived