Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's unbelievable for a place that averages 60" or more per season. Some places like Mount Snow area in SVT that averages 150" and they have like 30" is 20% of normal. Much better up here running like 30% of normal :lol:.

But a location like ALB going three full winter months and only scraping 10" together is incredible. With one deform band you could clear that total in a few hours.

Even crazier that we didn't have a single 2.0"+ event this year.  I'm going to be pretty gun-shy during the first event next winter.

I hope I don't ever see this again either, haha.

I'm happy to take our chances with Nina next winter.

When it's bad, it's bad lol. I'm grounded man. I can't really complain after seeing what that area is going through. Enjoy the good ones....the bad ones are brutal when they happen.

That ALB to BGM corridor hasn't just been in a slump, they've been in a sh**hole. They are due for some massive hits.

I mean, it's not very sustainable for Plymouth, MA to be averaging like 50% more snowfall over the past several winters than interior NY State.

Even crazier that we didn't have a single 2.0"+ event this year. I'm going to be pretty gun-shy during the first event next winter.

Yeah gun shy is one way to put it, haha. I'm at the point where I won't believe it until it's actually on the ground.

Comparing this winter to other winters is just crazy on so many levels.

That ALB to BGM corridor hasn't just been in a slump, they've been in a sh**hole. They are due for some massive hits.

I mean, it's not very sustainable for Plymouth, MA to be averaging like 50% more snowfall over the past several winters than interior NY State.

Maybe we'll get an April 14-16 2007 type deal haha.  I'd take that again if it got shoved east 50-100 miles.

When it's bad, it's bad lol. I'm grounded man. I can't really complain after seeing what that area is going through. Enjoy the good ones....the bad ones are brutal when they happen.

Yeah a winter's satisfaction level is certainly a bit tied into what others in the region are experiencing, though I know some disagree. I don't know how you can't compare it a little to other areas in the region.

Like your 30" is pretty good compared to the 30" up here (and my climo average is like 3x that of BOS) and 15" for Hippy and 10" for ALB. However had the interior had like 100", the 30" in E/SE Mass feels a little different.

Winds last night knocked power out for a few thousand folks in Western and central MA last night. We were out from 1-4am.

I hit the NyQuil last night due to a cold and slept through it. But a lot of tree damage here in town. A friend of ours had a big tree fall right into their pool. Thankfully it missed there house by 4 feet. Lots of branches everywhere. More damage than the wind event earlier

I hit the NyQuil last night due to a cold and slept through it. But a lot of tree damage here in town. A friend of ours had a big tree fall right into their pool. Thankfully it missed there house by 4 feet. Lots of branches everywhere. More damage than the wind event earlier

No-one had those big winds in their forecasts either. It was roaring in Ct close to 50 from about 3:00-5:00am

Yeah a winter's satisfaction level is certainly a bit tied into what others in the region are experiencing, though I know some disagree. I don't know how you can't compare it a little to other areas in the region.

Like your 30" is pretty good compared to the 30" up here (and my climo average is like 3x that of BOS) and 15" for Hippy and 10" for ALB. However had the interior had like 100", the 30" in E/SE Mass feels a little different.

For sure. This area had low 50s for snow in 00-01. That probably would have felt disappointing compared to ORH and especially the interior N and W.

For sure. This area had low 50s for snow in 00-01. That probably would have felt disappointing compared to ORH and especially the interior N and W.

Yeah that was a sick gradient...ORH had over 100" in '00-'01 while the coast was about half that. 1971-1972 had a similarly extreme gradient from the coast to the close interior near ORH. The gradient in '71-'72 was even closer to the coast. Like Ray's area had 90" while BOS had 47".

Yeah that was a sick gradient...ORH had over 100" in '00-'01 while the coast was about half that. 1971-1972 had a similarly extreme gradient from the coast to the close interior near ORH. The gradient in '71-'72 was even closer to the coast. Like Ray's area had 90" while BOS had 47".

Will, can you make some snow maps going back to the 1960s-2016 for all of New England like those ones you made a few years ago?

Thanks in advance, shouldn't take too long right? :)

In all honesty, it would be cool if maps like that were readily available.  I know the data is available at various CO-OPS/etc, but would nice to have it all in map form.  I guess there might not be enough "accurate date" to for all the years.

They are making up for it in recent years.

It's true, Mother Nature loves her averages. It will all work out in the means, just depends on how long it takes to work out haha.

Archived