Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The heroin problem is bigger than most realize or are willing to admit and it affects poor and affluent alike.

Opioid pan killers are over prescribed and very addictive. When folks can no longer get scrips they turn to the H to maintain the checked out disconnect they have grown so attached to.

It's a no brainer when a packet of scourge is cheaper than a six pack of beer. Except of course the habit grows to many bags per day which becomes a little bit expensive.

Local police around here do their best to grab dealers and not harass users who a trip to jail would do no good. Gov. Baker has been fair with allocating funding for treatment programs and pretty soon Greenfield will have a 30 bed tx center.

The big syndicates are what need to be taken down. If we can use technology to pinpoint and target terrorists in a third world hideout 6000 miles away I think we could probably do a little better job shutting down the flow of heroin into the US. Too many folks on the take for that to happen though...

This...although I am sure there is some reason that our government does not go to such lengths to pinpoint and target the big guns of the trade more than they currently do.

The heroin problem is bigger than most realize or are willing to admit and it affects poor and affluent alike.

Opioid pan killers are over prescribed and very addictive. When folks can no longer get scrips they turn to the H to maintain the checked out disconnect they have grown so attached to.

It's a no brainer when a packet of scourge is cheaper than a six pack of beer. Except of course the habit grows to many bags per day which becomes a little bit expensive.

Local police around here do their best to grab dealers and not harass users who a trip to jail would do no good. Gov. Baker has been fair with allocating funding for treatment programs and pretty soon Greenfield will have a 30 bed tx center.

The big syndicates are what need to be taken down. If we can use technology to pinpoint and target terrorists in a third world hideout 6000 miles away I think we could probably do a little better job shutting down the flow of heroin into the US. Too many folks on the take for that to happen though...

I'm sure in 20 years some conspiracy about the present era will be exposed, just like the cocaine imports and epidemic in the 1980s was linked to corruption in the FBI and CIA...  

I think the reason we're seeing all these flowers and people prancing thru the flowers..is due to the hot December and much of Jan we had. Everything was fooled..basically got way ahead of schedule..then it snowed on unfrozen ground and insulated things...and when the cold came..the snow was deep enough to not effect the vegetation...

So once it melted off the ground really was not frozen and the torch this weekend basically brought them back where they were in mid Jan.

Even lawns are still fairly green

I commiserate with all of yaz ...buut,   it's too early. 

Granted this is a 'banter' thread - theoretically okay to just maintain a constant melt-down vigil ( :lol: )  ... but truth be told, any crocus dumb enough to be fooled by this weekend is doomed next weekend, when that -4 SD arctic plumb grips the Lakes and New England. Any Cleveland Steamin' means nothing if March offers up a couple 'who's ur daddies', either. 

But it's okay to pissed off too ;)

I was out for a run yesterday, and puttsing around the yard a while ago ... it doesn't really smack me of a spring-like air mass.  It's mild, sure.  Spring is mild - yup.  But, winter can have mild days... This is a thaw guys. Thaws are a part of winter life at our latitude.  

But as far as this weekend being spring-like, or just trampling on the backs of the winter-wounded ... I guess that's subjective.

I commiserate with all of yaz ...buut,   it's too early. 

Granted this is a 'banter' thread - theoretically okay to just maintain a constant melt-down vigil ( :lol: )  ... but truth be told, any crocus dumb enough to be fooled by this weekend is doomed next weekend, when that -4 SD arctic plumb grips the Lakes and New England. Any Cleveland Steamin' means nothing if March offers up a couple 'who's ur daddies', either. 

But it's okay to pissed off too ;)

I was out for a run yesterday, and puttsing around the yard a while ago ... it doesn't really smack me of a spring-like air mass.  It's mild, sure.  Spring is mild - yup.  But, winter can have mild days... This is a thaw guys. Thaws are a part of winter life at our latitude.  

But as far as this weekend being spring-like, or just trampling on the backs of the winter-wounded ... I guess that's subjective.

Well the 2nd half never arrived and we down to the final minutes. It doesn't look good.

Archived