• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

Yup especially when I am 40 and the mother right behind me in age and the fact she has a 19yr old and a 16yr old already......gonna be a BIG life change.

I was 41 and 43 when my last two were born.  I bought some serious term life insurance to make sure they would be taken care of in case I crapped out.  It's cheap.  Just be prepared to be the oldest dad at the soccer matches.  :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 41 and 43 when my last two were born.  I bought some serious term life insurance to make sure they would be taken care of in case I crapped out.  It's cheap.  Just be prepared to be the oldest dad at the soccer matches.   :)

As the owner of a company that sells these types of things, I agree.  You will be the oldest dad at the soccer matches.  haha

I don't know. Larry King was in his mid 60s when his last two kids were born. 40 doesn't sound so old.

I am 41, so heck no 40 isn't old!  I had the "procedure" several years ago, so the two we have are the two we are stuck raising (9 and 12).  If we get pregnant now, there will definitely need to be a "discussion" at our house...  haha

just a gut feeling, but i really like our chances for next tues.  gfs did its typical supression and now getting withing 150hrs it ticks north, plus the gefs has plenty of cold and the lp coming thru the panhandle.  we could still miss but man it is a great look this far out.

I'd like higher pressure over the Lakes, but other than that, I agree and am fine with how it looks right now.

just a gut feeling, but i really like our chances for next tues.  gfs did its typical supression and now getting withing 150hrs it ticks north, plus the gefs has plenty of cold and the lp coming thru the panhandle.  we could still miss but man it is a great look this far out.

What ever storm we end up tracking will also have highs and lows with each model run. It will be grueling with late night model watching and lost sleep. And at the end there will, of course, be winners and losers.

What ever storm we end up tracking will also have highs and lows with each model run. It will be grueling with late night model watching and lost sleep. And at the end there will, of course, be winners and losers.

thats what makes it fun.  as long as we keep the storm (suppressed or not) thru the weekend i'll be happy.  would much rather be in this situation with a suppressed storm with plenty of cold than a perfect low track and no cold air source. would not shock me at all for the gfs to waffle only to reel it in around sat 00z runs.

thats what makes it fun.  as long as we keep the storm (suppressed or not) thru the weekend i'll be happy.  would much rather be in this situation with a suppressed storm with plenty of cold than a perfect low track and no cold air source. would not shock me at all for the gfs to waffle only to reel it in around sat 00z runs.

Many storms actually do remain suppressed when they're modeled that way, keep that in mind.  They all don't just pop North and say surprise!!.  With that lake low that keeps showing up too, I can't get excited.  Hopefully the following weekend produces when we get a true -NAO (maybe).

Many storms actually do remain suppressed when they're modeled that way, keep that in mind.  They all don't just pop North and say surprise!!.  With that lake low that keeps showing up too, I can't get excited.  Hopefully the following weekend produces when we get a true -NAO (maybe).

oh no doubt, i agree, it isnt a slam dunk by any means.  but the pattern is ripe and the time period has about everything you could want 150hrs out.  we could still whiff, like usual, but it is a storm to track and with our torch december you cant ask for much more than that.

Greetings everyone. Long time reader, very infrequent poster.

I'm heading out to Jackson Hole, WY for a ski trip next weekend (MLK Weekend) and am trying to scout my snow chances. Based on my limited knowledge, it looks like the SE might have a better chance for a storm than the Northern Rockies during the time frame due to the split flow/blocking/trough digging in the east.

Mountain forecasts are always tough, especially long range, but the pattern looks less than ideal. Anyone want to take a shot at a general early call? Looking forward to many chances and snow on the ground when I get back!

lol yep. Feels like a margin call for a big guy to by honest with you. 

Congrats Shaggy. You get to stay up for the Euro since you will be feeding a baby then anyway. 

I was thinking that once Burger moved to Europe he could provide play by play every night during a threat. He'll be 7 hours ahead of us so that would put him at 8 to 9 am over there.

I was thinking that once Burger moved to Europe he could provide play by play every night during a threat. He'll be 7 hours ahead of us so that would put him at 8 to 9 am over there.

Oh wow!  Burger will be 7 hours in the future...he can tell us what the Euro will show so we can go to sleep at a decent hour...and during nowcasting time, he can tell us how much cold rain we will get before it gets here...wait a minute...that's not right...I'm confused now!...I hate time travel!

Ppffftt - J-Burg is only moving to Amsterdam for the legal weed and women of the night.

Lol, that's the plan! 

Archived