• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

SE trend is our friend? Maybe? Hopefully?

At this point... why not? LOL 

I believe we've angered the weather gods in some fashion.

I said before Christmas I didn't think we'd see any events outside the mountains before MLK Day... One time I don't want to be right.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SE trend is our friend? Maybe? Hopefully?

Sure, why not, if the PV slides east some and allows HP to bleed in over the lakes with a mega block over HB, that could keep it suppressed it enough so that it transfers south of us and not over us which it just did.

I said before Christmas I didn't think we'd see any events outside the mountains before MLK Day... One time I don't want to be right.

I think we are all just too antsy, myself included. Hate that we will start gaining daylight rapidly soon but whatever. Last night I was up till 2 am waiting on Euro discussion only to finally go to bed all like

post-9342-0-82676800-1452207264_thumb.jp

I'll always remember Christmas 2010! Best SE trend I can remember! Showing a storm in OH valley about 5-6 days out, turns into SE white Christmas

Brad Panovich (@wxbrad)

1/7/16, 18:07

Still 10 days out but both the GFS & ECMWF model have a very wintry look for the @Panthers playoff game. Pattern is there next weekend.

I agree, pattern is there...but wow. Bold statement to thousands of people....most of them won't understand he's talking about a pattern and take it for saying "Brad said it would snow during the panthers game". "How much for _____" tweets incoming.

As a reference...here are the snowfall totals from Dec 1 - Jan 20th for the top 8 mod/strong nino's.  It's essentially a skunk this winter for entire east outside of the interior NE.  This is not good, and to expect a dramatic flip seems very unlikely, even the crap fest of 98 wasn't bad compared to this mess.  You can essentially throw out the snowy nino's for analogs and start focusing on the non-snowy ones (92, 95).

Want to guess the difference between the snowy v/s non-snowy nino's...one glaring thing sticks out...

whats the source for those images? did some digging but couldn't find the link...thanks in advance

I agree, pattern is there...but wow. Bold statement to thousands of people....most of them won't understand he's talking about a pattern and take it for saying "Brad said it would snow during the panthers game". "How much for _____" tweets incoming.

I'm almost positive that he just posted a few days ago telling people to chill with the winter weather talk because models couldn't be trusted that far out.

Yep...he posted this on Facebook Saturday:

https://www.facebook.com/wxbradWCNC/posts/1000252500047206:0

How is it bold to say the models have a wintry look to them? Wouldn't a "cold rain" qualify for wintry in the south?  Heck...some of his viewers just might see a sloppy flake or two mixed in....it's possible. If I were in the mts/foothills of wnc, I'd be a little excited 

Yep...he posted this on Facebook Saturday:

https://www.facebook.com/wxbradWCNC/posts/1000252500047206:0

That was 5 days ago and yea....the models still can't be trusted. 

How is it bold to say the models have a wintry look to them? Wouldn't a "cold rain" qualify for wintry in the south? Heck...some of his viewers just might see a sloppy flake or two mixed in....it's possible. If I were in the mts/foothills of wnc, I'd be a little excited.

"A very wintry look to the panthers game" specifically, is a bold statement. Cold rain doesn't qualify as very wintry.

Archived