Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll be more than 700m when you win!

Big up day in the market today?

lol. Looks that way.  thought today would be a good bounce. Great Employment numbers. +292k for December. Revisions of +50k for the previous 2 months. Average hourly numbers stunk but that is ok. no inflation. Unemployment rate holds at 5%. 

Futures up 25 on s and p e minis. 

lol. Looks that way.  thought today would be a good bounce. Great Employment numbers. +292k for December. Revisions of +50k for the previous 2 months. Average hourly numbers stunk but that is ok. no inflation. Unemployment rate holds at 5%. 

Futures up 25 on s and p e minis.

Don't know if you've seen the thread in PR, but there's a Market/Economic forum in there where there's (usually) good discussion about this stuff.

Joe Bastardi (@BigJoeBastardi)
1/8/16, 07:41
When you look at the great turn around winters we have modeled this one after the question Why Couldn't it becomes Why Shouldn't it?

Myself:

.......I don't think we are going to get the great turn around that matches the results with what some of the indices would have us to believe we will be receiving.

So far there is a prominence in that the cold does not have the staying power to lock in place and the counter pattern quickly floods the east again with warm air.

There is also an uncanny ability for storms to want to cut so far. 

However, it only takes one to work out to give most anyone in our area outside of the mountains a memorable winter event.

I  really think things will start taking off next week, and after the 15th we are going to have some storms here. The last half of January is usually good for NC for some big snow storms. And we are still going to have the best possible players on the field we can get for snow. Just need them to win the game now.

Ummm...no. Maybe 1-2 in Feb.

Joe Bastardi (@BigJoeBastardi)

1/8/16, 07:41

When you look at the great turn around winters we have modeled this one after the question Why Couldn't it becomes Why Shouldn't it?

.......I don't think we are going to get the great turn around.

I notice he said you have the chance of the greatest 30-45 period coming up  from Texas to Midatlantic. First time I didn't hear him mention Southeast? lol   His talk has been Se all winter long!!! but he drawled his circle north and west of the SE this morning. Could have been a mistake? But he has always circled to SE in videos until this morning.... lol   It's getting pretty funny now anyway 10 days away!!!

This may explain it somewhat!  Good portion of Ga. gets in on the action....

wNIbZp5.png

A prediction of 1-2 is probably just a viable as 7-8. I mean at the end of the day you're just throwing a dart basically the only difference is the met throwing the dart is sober and the weenie is drunk.

LOL...exactly. But this "pattern change" has been going on since Jan 1 and we are still waiting on our first real threat to track. That should tell you a lot right there. So does 1-2 threats or 7-8 threats sound more realistic. O/U would be 2 for RDU.

LOL...exactly. But this "pattern change" has been going on since Jan 1 and we are still waiting on our first real threat to track. That should tell you a lot right there. So does 1-2 threats or 7-8 threats sound more realistic. O/U would be 2 for RDU.

7-8 rain storms for Raleigh sounds tight.

I always thought it took at least a couple weeks for the pattern to change into something better for storms. Obviously going from a crappy pattern takes some time.

I was going to say it is still evolving and doesn't happen overnight. We did go from 70s in December to 40s now. That's already a pretty big change.

I notice he said you have the chance of the greatest 30-45 period coming up from Texas to Midatlantic. First time I didn't hear him mention Southeast? lol His talk has been Se all winter long!!! but he drawled his circle north and west of the SE this morning. Could have been a mistake? But he has always circled to SE in videos until this morning.... lol It's getting pretty funny now anyway 10 days away!!!

This may explain it somewhat! Good portion of Ga. gets in on the action....

wNIbZp5.png

Frosty:

My hunch is that map is gonna play out in the Carolinas while TN gets the action.

We'll see and we'll have fun tracking it no matter what the outcome !

And you are sharp on picking up on Bastardi's 'circling' North and West of the SE.... that is a good sign of having to back peddle a bit when things don't totally work out as planned.

He also things we are going to Snowmagaddon, but no guarantees of course!

He says in the area circled, you have a chance to see the greatest 30-45 day period of winter weather that you have ever seen. He commented that was from Texas to the Mid Atlantic

GUKYEex.png

Archived