• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

What was that based on? Everything heading into this winter pointed to us being above average.

Who said that?  83 and 98 were our best analogs to this winter and if 83 hadn't had that miracle end of March snow we would have been below 5".  Sure we can hit a one hit wonder, but that's what it's going to take this winter for our area.  I really thought w-NC would clean up but it's needs to get going.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said that?  83 and 98 were our best analogs to this winter and if 83 hadn't had that miracle end of March snow we would have been below 5".  Sure we can hit a one hit wonder, but that's what it's going to take this winter for our area.  I really thought w-NC would clean up but it's needs to get going.

Allan said it for one. Robert said it. Lots of other mets gave good evidence based on the factors we should have headed into this winter why we should be above average for snowfall here. It just seems to me you are pessimistic all the time no matter what. That attitude and then saying over and over about how you said we would be lucky to get 5 inches is just irritating.

Allan said it for one. Robert said it. Lots of other mets gave good evidence based on the factors we should have headed into this winter why we should be above average for snowfall here. It just seems to me you are pessimistic all the time no matter what. That attitude and then saying over and over about how you said we would be lucky to get 5 inches is just irritating.

Just out of curiosity, why do you get so offended when he says he expects RDU to get 5" of snow?  If he said he expected 30", you'd be all in on that.  Yeah yeah yeah yeah!!!!!  But it's the same thing.  It's just one person making a prediction.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It's quite ok to have a bearish forecast.

Disappointed to see that our pattern we thought was great, is pretty crappy actually for snow.  But glad to learn the why and hows of it on the board.  I'm just sayin, if there's no fantasy snowstorms in the 7-10 day range, there's a reason for it.  It's like fishing, if you don't get any bites, you got to move on to another spot....you're just wasting your time!! :weenie:

Did I say "lucky"?   I meant "really lucky" to near impossible.  You see my avatar?  You don't get a gem like that (30 yr snow average) by getting years with more than 5", LOL.   :raining:

Besides, I think you get 6", that's what 2" under your seasonal snowfall average.  Not bad...

We haven't had a blocky looking pattern like this in several years.....I'm not too worried about the fine details at this point. The big picture is favorable for winter weather. If we could scrape out a couple of snows the last few years with crappy patterns, I'm excited to see what transpires during the coming weeks.....

giphy.gif

Nice pattern we in and going to be in per models, Beautiful blocking with lake cutters nice real nice!!! I'm beginning to think all these analogs and indices all that crap is just that a crapshoot! we've had the worst indices possible and can get a snowstorm! we have all this hype from models, we going to be in the best pattern set up in many years and can't even buy winter storm threat.  Weather is a funny thing. haha!!!   :snowing:

Ladies and gentlemen, THIS is what I was alluding to earlier!  This is not far from a big SE winter storm.  No cutter on this map.  Miller B, possibly.  Look at the Greenland block.  Look at the PV acting as a 50/50 low, locking confluence over the NE.  Only fly in the ointment is the Lakes Low.  It may or may not be there at game time, but this map is a much, much better map than the one I posted earlier and is VERY close to what we're looking for.

attachicon.giff216.jpg

plRXroy.jpg

Oh, we will!

Build an O-line around Mariota, who's a total STUD...we have Dick LeBeau, one of the greatest defensive minds in NFL history...Bill Polian/Peyton Manning are looking into buying the franchise...good times incoming!

Dude is 78 years old. Not saying you're wrong...but how many good years can he possibly have left? Maybe 2? This is like me bragging that we have a healthy Jerry Richardson this year. 

Starting next weekend I'll be in Amsterdam for two weeks so you might as well lock in a record-breaking snowfall during that period. 

I have seen this line of thinking thrown around a 100 times over the last five years and I can count on one hand the number of times it actually worked out that way... ..............  haha

Seriously though, enjoy Amsterdam!

Archived