Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol

As you know I was banned over a year ago for posting a gif from anchorman. I tried to rejoin this winter from a different email and IP address. That worked for a week before they banned me and blocked the IP address again. Never once posted.

That is a mad group over there.

I've went to it a few times; mostly when this site was down. I really didn't like the setup and the level of discussion (not technical enough).  

Lol

As you know I was banned over a year ago for posting a gif from anchorman. I tried to rejoin this winter from a different email and IP address. That worked for a week before they banned me and blocked the IP address again. Never once posted.

That is a mad group over there.

They also say that about this site as well.

Going to be a fun day in the market. Thanks China. Oil down 4%, Heating oil down 2.25%, RBOB down 1% (1.1514) and S and P mini's down 40 points to 1940. 

BTW, the Chinese market was open last night for 32 minutes before it go shut down bc it dropped 7.25% that quickly. 

Yep, not pretty.

Currency market is a MESS. China spent 108 billion in FX reserves in December trying to defend the Yuan. Money is leaving China at a very fast rate and China owes a TON of money. Total debt to GDP is 287%, up from 158% in 2007 and their GDP growing around 7.25%.

You think we retest the August lows? I think we will.

Going to be a fun day in the market. Thanks China. Oil down 4%, Heating oil down 2.25%, RBOB down 1% (1.1514) and S and P mini's down 40 points to 1940.

BTW, the Chinese market was open last night for 32 minutes before it go shut down bc it dropped 7.25% that quickly.

Is this gonna affect food prices , cause a big man has to eat!??

Is this gonna affect food prices , cause a big man has to eat!??

Cattle prices have rebounded from the lows in December, but still pretty cheap. Milk I expect to move pretty high after 40k dairy cows froze to death in the mid west. Soybeans should stay low as well as corn. Hogs should stay pretty low as well since they cured that disease that was killing piglets. 

No. Earnings season is too close unless earnings are horrible. Earnings is what saved us from the last downturn. 

Earnings may not be horrible, but I doubt they'll be all that great.  My guess is you'll see mixed earnings, but the outlooks will be modest and not very bullish, on average.  The Fed is going to have to jump back in with stimulus at some point this year...probably sooner rather than later.

Earnings may not be horrible, but I doubt they'll be all that great.  My guess is you'll see mixed earnings, but the outlooks will be modest and not very bullish, on average.  The Fed is going to have to jump back in with stimulus at some point this year...probably sooner rather than later.

Oh I agree about the Fed. They talked themselves into a corner and was forced to raise rates. They will have to give that .25% rate back and maybe a QE, even though QE is now proven not to work as the money just sits on the bank's balance sheet and then lend it back to the feds at a .25% free money. 

Oh I agree about the Fed. They talked themselves into a corner and was forced to raise rates. They will have to give that .25% rate back and maybe a QE, even though QE is now proven not to work as the money just sits on the bank's balance sheet and then lend it back to the feds at a .25% free money. 

Yep, exactly right.

Here is my winter outlook....

Days it is sunny......highs in the 30's lows in the 20's

Days it rains.....highs in the 50's lows in the 40's

Sounds about the usual. Last year was the worst winter temp wise. Cold as hell. Except when it rained. Then it was in the 50's. Never failed.

Vacation.

We got into Phoenix to start on January 1st, then we went to Tuba City on the 3rd, and got to the Grand Canyon yesterday. Our last couple nights will be spent in Las Vegas, then I'll be back in NC on the morning of the 10th (this Sunday).

I'm really liking the climate on the Colorado Plateau, though. Maybe I should look into moving here, haha.

Here is a picture I took of the Grand Canyon in the snow when it cleared up for a bit. I thought it was cool how you could see the snow line since the canyon is much lower in elevation than the rim (7000 ft. vs. 2500 ft. ASL). That's the difference between a wintry wonderland and temperatures in the 50s.

20160106_145834_zpsychtpfjl.jpg

Sounds like a great trip.  I clicked your image to show full screen and it just popped.  I really like that shot.  With your permission, I'd like to use it as my desktop for a while.

Vacation.

We got into Phoenix to start on January 1st, then we went to Tuba City on the 3rd, and got to the Grand Canyon yesterday. Our last couple nights will be spent in Las Vegas, then I'll be back in NC on the morning of the 10th (this Sunday).

I'm really liking the climate on the Colorado Plateau, though. Maybe I should look into moving here, haha.

Here is a picture I took of the Grand Canyon in the snow when it cleared up for a bit. I thought it was cool how you could see the snow line since the canyon is much lower in elevation than the rim (7000 ft. vs. 2500 ft. ASL). That's the difference between a wintry wonderland and temperatures in the 50s.

20160106_145834_zpsychtpfjl.jpg

Beautiful photo.  Northern Arizona, esp Flagstaff, can have some epic snow. :)

Archived