CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Van Denton mentioned sleet tomorrow night but with how limited the moisture is I'm not concerned with the temp profile. It's not going to be a big deal either way to have a few dry pellets hit the ground.

I highly doubt it would be sleet though, temp profiles just don't support it. With .20-.25 in qpf before 12z Thursday it needs to be closely watched here in central NC.

I think I'm throwing in the towel for the winter. Several reasons why.

1) not even an inch of snow outside of the highest elevations so far. I mean usually I'm at about 9-10 inches in an average winter.

2) storm track is supposedly "perfect" but yet it's horrible.

3) everyone is saying "models probably won't show a storm til 72 hours out". Have fun with that.

4) not gonna wait all winter optimistically like I did last winter. There is no potential right now and I don't see much on the horizon. Is it early to throw in the towel sure. But the ski slopes have snow so as long as I can go break the bank there, everything else is just gravy.

I think I'm throwing in the towel for the winter. Several reasons why.

1) not even an inch of snow outside of the highest elevations so far. I mean usually I'm at about 9-10 inches in an average winter.

2) storm track is supposedly "perfect" but yet it's horrible.

3) everyone is saying "models probably won't show a storm til 72 hours out". Have fun with that.

4) not gonna wait all winter optimistically like I did last winter. There is no potential right now and I don't see much on the horizon. Is it early to throw in the towel sure. But the ski slopes have snow so as long as I can go break the bank there, everything else is just gravy.

rocky1-300x199.png

I knew the El Nino would die down some once the cold air got in here! Pattern flip it is. we flipped the active STJ apparently also! lol  :axe:  Oh but wait, once we warm up, it will get active again..........  Before the cold got in here it would rain every 2-3 days now it's dry as a bone! Such is winter in the southeast!!!   :)  That's why we never need big arctic outbreaks nothing but cold/dry when that happens. I just want cold high pressure to the north, NEVER overpowering cold..... That's just me! I know some love cold and dry! I hate it. Rant over for now!

Just for the record, I think we still end up above normal in the snow dept for the year. I think we will have 2-4 storms once we get it going............. 

I knew the El Nino would die down some once the cold air got in here! Pattern flip it is. we flipped the active STJ apparently also! lol :axe: Oh but wait, once we warm up, it will get active again.......... Before the cold got in here it would rain every 2-3 days now it's dry as a bone! Such is winter in the southeast!!! :) That's why we never need big arctic outbreaks nothing but cold/dry when that happens. I just want cold high pressure to the north, NEVER overpowering cold..... That's just me! I know some love cold and dry! I hate it. Rant over for now!

Just for the record, I think we still end up above normal in the snow dept for the year. I think we will have 2-4 storms once we get it going.............

According to Max, we don't even get the cold!

Archived