joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just arrived at Grand Canyon Village. Wintry wonderland here. Unfortunately, the snow is doing us no favors as far as views of the canyon go, however.

We had about 1/2" snow in Tuba City last night and then were in Hopiland earlier this afternoon. I did not realize how high in elevation the southern rim of the Grams Canyon was.

Heavy snow this morning. Roads covered, etc. Not sure we're going to get any views of the canyon at this rate. Just not enough visibility to see much of anything. I do like the snow, but please let up for just a little bit!

Heavy snow this morning. Roads covered, etc. Not sure we're going to get any views of the canyon at this rate. Just not enough visibility to see much of anything. I do like the snow, but please let up for just a little bit!

Yeah, I really hate it when the heavy snow hinders my views.

Well if it makes you feel better, the cold air gets caught up in the Mountains and NC North.  Leaves most of us down here in SC with rain on many of these runs.  The lows over the great lakes aren't helping either of our cause.

We've really got to get the PV farther south with blocking over top of it.  As far as these Lakes lows go, they're a function of a lot of energy in the jet.  6 days out, the model probably has the timing wrong on it.  It may not even be there.  Knowing out luck, though, it will.

We've really got to get the PV farther south with blocking over top of it.  As far as these Lakes lows go, they're a function of a lot of energy in the jet.  6 days out, the model probably has the timing wrong on it.  It may not even be there.  Knowing out luck, though, it will.

Indeed  ;)   Until then....the cold cool rains continue  :D 

Archived