Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 2016 BANTER

Isopycnic

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a reference...here are the snowfall totals from Dec 1 - Jan 20th for the top 8 mod/strong nino's.  It's essentially a skunk this winter for entire east outside of the interior NE.  This is not good, and to expect a dramatic flip seems very unlikely, even the crap fest of 98 wasn't bad compared to this mess.  You can essentially throw out the snowy nino's for analogs and start focusing on the non-snowy ones (92, 95).

Want to guess the difference between the snowy v/s non-snowy nino's...one glaring thing sticks out...

As a reference...here are the snowfall totals from Dec 1 - Jan 20th for the top 8 mod/strong nino's.  It's essentially a skunk this winter for entire east outside of the interior NE.  This is not good, and to expect a dramatic flip seems very unlikely, even the crap fest of 98 wasn't bad compared to this mess.  You can essentially throw out the snowy nino's for analogs and start focusing on the non-snowy ones (92, 95).

Want to guess the difference between the snowy v/s non-snowy nino's...one glaring thing sticks out...

I don't believe DC had any measurable snow in 98.....or at best just a tenth?  I'm old and my memory isn't what it used to be   :P

EDIT: the maps are too small for me to read on my phone  

people tend to forget that our average snowfall is 9 inches (in Greensboro, NC) which is only around 0.7 inches qpf. We average getting lucky as hell once or twice a year. No reason to cliff dive over that.

wow, 9 inches is a ton of snow for that latitude . Nashville averages 6 inches so consider yourself lucky.

I'm guessing the non-snowy Nino's had no snow where as the snowy Nino's did.

Dude is 78 years old. Not saying you're wrong...but how many good years can he possibly have left? Maybe 2? This is like me bragging that we have a healthy Jerry Richardson this year. 

He's probably already senile and just a figurehead. I like having false hopes in my NFL team much like my snowfall chances. :lol:

Starting next weekend I'll be in Amsterdam for two weeks so you might as well lock in a record-breaking snowfall during that period. 

Enjoy the nice herbs!

You should be excited, pattern looks great day 11+, textbook SE snow setup.

lololololz

I'm off work next Thurs, Fri, Sat. Really hoping there's some snow in the NC mountains so I can drive up there.

Likewise. I'm all in for the chase at this point.

Archived