Newest Member
    CHSVol
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It all makes sense now

what makes sense? and no I'm not from Luxembourg I think you guys mistaken me for someone else. Also there are flurries here in White Plains, NY but haven't heard of flakes in Central Park so forky so far you're still winning. There's a batch of flurries all over westchester now.

Btw my father was a meteorologist and he said mid January could get snowy and very cold around here

what makes sense? and no I'm not from Luxembourg I think you guys mistaken me for someone else. Also there are flurries here in White Plains, NY but haven't heard of flakes in Central Park so forky so far you're still winning. There's a batch of flurries all over westchester now.

Btw my father was a meteorologist and he said mid January could be a snowy and very cold around here.

Hey Tony who's your pops? JB? Steve D ?

Christmas Eve looks spectacularly warm. That setup looks ideal for low 70s, and it reminds me of Dec 22, 2013 when NYC posted that massive +30 departure,

December is about to post the highest departure (+ or -) of any month on record, which is incredible.

I doubt we get into the 70's low 60's is definitely possible. I say enjoy the warmth while it lasts cause winter will be up and running until mid April. My father was a meteorologist in Montenegro, he's long retired.

P.S. Why do people keep calling me Tony? Lol my name is Chris

Btw my father was a meteorologist and he said mid January could get snowy and very cold around here

Where was he a meteorologist? Where did he work?

You just don't mess with this type of Nino.It's a beast..and you will never see a warm December like this again in your lifetime.It's off the charts..

I think there's an excellent chance that this record warm December will be broken again in our lifetime. Unless you're planning on dying in the next few years, I think it's almost a lock.

Another improvement on the Euro ensembles in the L/R.

Need to see more to make sure it's transient in nature.

The trough heads east faster than what the weeklies showed.

Day 17 ( the old 408) its 850 anomalies were plus 5C today they are plus 1.5C for the same time period ( the new 360 ) with a trough sitting between 2 ridges are further N than even at 0z.

These patterns will never Just flip , but the Euro ensembles have the MJO head towards phase 8 by early Jan .

It's possible it's too fast , but it's good see the deep red off these maps... for now

Another improvement on the Euro ensembles in the L/R.

Need to see more to make sure it's transient in nature.

The trough heads east faster than what the weeklies showed.

Day 17 ( the old 408) its 850 anomalies were plus 5C today they are plus 1.5C for the same time period ( the new 360 ) with a trough sitting between 2 ridges are further N than even at 0z.

These patterns will never Just flip , but the Euro ensembles have the MJO head towards phase 8 by early Jan .

It's possible it's too fast , but it's good see the deep red off these maps... for now

Scandinavian Ridge on the Euro

i am originally from Montenegro, and it snows maybe once a year but this year the city where I was born Podgorica, Montenegro has gotten to 32 or lower twice so it was technically lower than here. It usually snows once a year but rain usually follows. There are some great ski areas in Montenegro. And the beaches during the summer are amazing. Check out the Budva, Montenegro it's really beautiful and women are sexy!

It sounds like you are from a coastal, warmer area. There's a huge gradient in places like Montenegro and Croatia between the coastal/Mediterranean climes and the interior mountainous areaa.

Just want to make certain I am clear on this. Does 'pattern change' mean we just get closer to normal than the current +11---+12, and flip-flop means ridges and troughs exchange places and we go below normal?

It means you step down in Jan and Feb closer to N . Most forecasts are still AN for J to M but you likely lose the big departures because most of the guidance (x the CFS) supports a trough in the SE and that does not support a plus 5 to 10 anomaly once into early /mid Jan .

Most see a wet EC between J thru M and that's how you should snow.

Archived